Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an old 4wheeler i wanted to do something with so i cut it up into pieces and am making a sideXside Getting close to finishing up the frame and have started building the controlls. Just thought you guys might think it was a neat project. (Before anyone asks i am NOT making it for sport/ trail riding... its just something to drive around the farm)

Currently looking for a set of shocks put up a post in the wanted section here
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7142

·
Registered
133 Posts
That will be a nice little farm rig if i do say so my self!!!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Awesome man. I used to make go karts all the time, using old lawn mower parts and stuff. Found a 22hP Kohler once, put a lot bigger main pulley on it, and it was a wheelie cart. Good luck with it. I saw you were looking for shocks in your other post. Have you pondered using truck suspension for the back? You could def fab something up for leaf springs, and get them really cheap at a junk yard. Just a thought, but I love the home fab stuff.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The breaks were a pain! The front breaks are hyd and the rear are cable... plus the pivot points were different on the levers. Had to get them mounted at an offset or they would bind up. The base 4wheeler was a 1993 suzuki quad runner 250 2wd. My dad gave it to me but i didn't really have any use for it so my grandpa and i have started this project!. We have got alot of parts off of a rzr, non-power rack and pinion from an old yugo out of a junkyard. Seats off a rhino.. going to have shocks off a 700xx... alot fo the metal came from some kobelco mini ex roll cages the dealer had a factory upgrade on

the hardest part is using that old (literally a 1973 model) crackerbox welder. Its a/c and i'm used to burning dc rods... plus i weld on heavy equipment, and the metal is ALOT thicker. All the 3/32 and 1/8 rod has taken some getting used to.. not to mention my grandpa likes 6013 and i'm more of a 7018 kinda guy

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
dude you woulda shoulda been an red neck, no you are a ******* ,that is very cool, that ride would fit right in down here in LA, lower alabama ! what engine is in it, i wish i had enough talent to fabricate stuff like that. after you get that one done all your buddies will be bugging you to build them one:xx:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found some old pictures from when i first started.

And here is one of my grandpa trying to drive the 700xx

haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts