Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Little Sahara Oklahoma April 27-29. Will have 5-7 XX's, 2 KX 500's, 3 DS 650's, 2-3 Raptor's, several 450's, a predator, a razr, and 3-4 ranger's among others. If anyone off here can make it be sure to stop by!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wish I was going. My bro and friends are headed there that weekend after you will have been there.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
im thinking about going out there on the 14th of may

still trying to find some paddles though

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im gonna be down there on the 28th with a bunch of guys.
There are going to be some KC area Firefighters, few from Olathe and a few from other Departments we are supposed to camp by. Are you part of that group?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im thinking about going out there on the 14th of may

still trying to find some paddles though
We have Stewarts buggy shop holding us 5 sets. He says he is on the North edge of the dunes. Appears that it might rain down there before we go and stock tires may be the ticket until it dries out?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sure am....i guess ill see you there. Who do you know?

Chuck off of Olathe's Dept. He was on St Joseph's FD before moving to the KC area.

Saw you were in the KCK area, the ff in your screen name, and then that you would be going down this coming week so I thought you might be part of the group we were supposed to camp by.

We are leaving early the morning of the 27th staying 2 nights and leaving on the 29th. Have not been down there in 6 or 7 years. Have you been lately?

What will everybody be riding in your group? Which FD are you on?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I work in Olathe with Chuck....small world. I am headed down on the 28th with 3 other fellas. I ride a 700xx obviously, the other fellas will be on a 700 grizly, 400z, and a 400ex i believe. The olathe boys are mostly on Raptor 700s and of course chuck will be on that cute little 450yzf of his. I went down last year...they have added a new camping area since the last time you have been down. I told chuck that we should stay there but i think he is kinda wanting to stay on the other side. It doesnt matter, just as long as i have a place to park my 4 wheeler and drink beer. Its gonna be a good time though...there should be a good group down there.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work in Olathe with Chuck....small world. I am headed down on the 28th with 3 other fellas. I ride a 700xx obviously, the other fellas will be on a 700 grizly, 400z, and a 400ex i believe. The olathe boys are mostly on Raptor 700s and of course chuck will be on that cute little 450yzf of his. I went down last year...they have added a new camping area since the last time you have been down. I told chuck that we should stay there but i think he is kinda wanting to stay on the other side. It doesnt matter, just as long as i have a place to park my 4 wheeler and drink beer. Its gonna be a good time though...there should be a good group down there.
Hopefully Chuck's "cute little 450" runs better than his even cuter 350 that he took the last time we went as a group!! Make sure to tell Chuck you heard rumor that it sure has been alot quieter around the old SJFD these past 3 years!! (since he went to Olathe)

I was depending on him to tell us where to park because he said that some of you all had been down recently. He mentioned the North campground? Said it was closest to the dune entrance? I would think we would have pretty much "choice" of the place. Would you suggest something different, we have atleast 2 travel trailers, a 30' flatbed, and 24' enclosed and want to park them all together?

How long have you had the XX? Any mods? What paddles? Looks like it is raining down there now, wonder if we'll even need paddles?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the ehs big 3. I have only been riding 1 time since i put it on though. I bought the quad in march. I have some sand shark paddles (i think that is what they are). They suck but i couldnt get any sand stars cause they were on back order everywhere so im just using some old ones that i have. The sand should dry out fast but im gonna put my paddles on and take my stocks just in case. We will have better luck getting all of us together if we stay in the older part (i think thats the north end), so i think that would be our best bet. What all do you have on your XX? Kinda funny that chuck had problems last time you went with him...he just got this 450 out of the shop the other day cause it wouldnt run...the last time i went riding with him he had just got a brand new motor put in it and that lasted about 3 hours before he had a major oil leak and had to call it a day....he must not have good luck...or maybe its cause he rides a POS yamaha

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Two of us purchased the EHS Big three, still in the sealed boxes they were shipped in though. Have only been on one 7 mile ride so far. Will have to put a quick break-in ride on it tomorrow change the oil and put the pipe and controller on. Was it any big deal putting it all on? We have five sets of sand stars waiting on us down at Stewart's buggy shop. He said he had two more sets mounted up for the XX's. I can get you the phone number if you wanted him to hold you a set. He is holding ours without a credit card just our word that we will take them when we get down there. Sounds like the North campground might be the way then.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would love to have that phone number. What is he charging for them? The entire package took me about 30 min to install (and im dumb). You will love the sound of the barker exhaust....its loud

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would love to have that phone number. What is he charging for them? The entire package took me about 30 min to install (and im dumb). You will love the sound of the barker exhaust....its loud
580-824-0327 ask for Randy. I don't think he is open Monday but you could call Tuesday morning and have him hold one of the two sets he had left. Or if you want we can let him know there is another fella coming down tomorrow that wants a set. $240 for 22X11X10 Sand stars mounted on douglas wheels. Do not remember what he wanted for the fronts. He said he is just North of the dunes.

Did you have to do any tuning with the fuel controller? Did the bike seem to run much better? I was a little disappointed in the stock power of these bikes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts