Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably the only one that hadn't found this out until recently. I'm sure Baxter and the others that race alot already know but I will post it anyway.

When you stall the old girl you can slide the thumb switch to off then back to run and she will fire right up when the warning lights go out. If I don't do this mine is real hard to restart and usually coughs and spits for a few seconds when it does start back. IDK if this resets the pcm or not but it does run the fuel pump again just like a cold start. Seems to be the ticket on mine anyway.

Hope it helps someone sometime.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
never had this issue either

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I've only really had this problem when I race. Something about like going around a corner w/ higher RPMs, letting the engine die down and then going to hit the gas or something she just goes down once in a while LOL. I learned this trick two winters ago, and I figured it helped starting easier b/c it is turning the pump on and off. It doesn't work everytime though. The sputtering that you guys haven't noticed is weird, doesn't happen everytime on mine, but probably 75% of the time, just takes probably 3-5 extra seconds to start.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
95% of the it is ok starting , the 5% is a real bugger to get her started.
I dont have the thumb switch but I have put the idiot lights back on for the last race . I'll try it by switching off at the key and let you know !:D

·
Registered
377 Posts
I tryed the on and off switch last night and it did not make a differance for me. I will keep it in mind incase I have problems. Good info.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
yeah when i stall mine it takes a extra 1 or 2 strokes to start

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went to sandlake today and killed it one time going down a bowl. I remembered your post and it started first try after flipping the switch. Not sure if it would have taken longer otherwise, but still thanks for the tip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts