Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small trailer that I use sometimes to tow my 4 wheeler on behind my truck, but since my driveway is so tight, I usually dont like to take it out because its a pain to back in to the driveway at the end of the day. I bought a set of steel ramps from the dealer, they are very strong and work OK. However, since my F250 is lifted, they are a little scary to go up sometimes. Plus my quad is about 4 inches wider than the ramps. I been looking online at some aluminum ramps.

What are you guys using to load your quad in the bed of your pickup? This thing is just too heavy to lift, especially by yourself. I used to be able to lift the front wheels of my 450R into the bed and push the back up, but the 700 is just too heavy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Loading mine is the only part I hate, I tried to find a elevation change or a ditch and still use my ramps. I popped the clutch loading mine the other day and almost landed in the cab of my 45k$ truck I turned green on that one been using the ditch ever since

·
Registered
122 Posts
I need to start doing that, I didn't think about placing a spare tire or something back there. My wife was watchin when I about landed in the back seat I came down no more than 3 or 4" from going into the cab of the truck :nuts:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do you have an angled driveway? If so, back your truck like 1/4 of the way up the drive and load it that way. I'd suggest getting a pair of wider and longer ramps, too. I can ride my bike into my dad's lifted on 6 foots ramps F350 without problems.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a very steep driveway, That is what I have been doing, that or backing down into the ditch it just makes it so much safer and easier

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I do a few different things. When I am using a farm truck (a ranger or s10 usually around home), I just wheelie into the back of it and pick the rear up and pop a nut while doing it. When I have my truck, I use a set of trifold stands that the two outside rungs are covered with a carpet material that I put on there for my snowmobiles to go up so the skis wouldn't hit. But I am lifting my truck soon, so I am going to what I did w/ my old truck. Get two hard wood planks (2x12's) prolly 10 footers, cut them in half, and then use a couple of hinges w/ dome bolts (don't know the exact name but they kind have a mushroom head on one side) that way I can have them go all the way thru, and then just take a strong rod (rebar-whatever is strong and handy), and use a 2-3 foot piece of that on the bottom side for support, so the hinges will be on top. Worked b4 like a champ, and this time I should have a bit better handle on what i'm doing. I also have a tool box in the back of the truck so I don't mess up my cab or back window. And I am doing extra long ramps this time so that I can load my bikes up easier with out the undercarriage hitting b/c of the angle.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a F-350 with a tailgate about 37" high. I bought 7ft aluminum ramps, the 6 ft ones seemed a little short. I still look for a ditch or back into my inclined driveway.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I hate that the bed of my Dodge is so short I guess the cab just takes up to much room I cant even shut the tail-gate. I also have a 07 Chevy 2500 LWB I have no trouble with that one I could almost put to in it, since its so long. But the dodge is Brand new alot nicer and gets much better gas mileage

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Might I suggest longer ramps to reduce the angle. You can get a set of Black Widow folding ramps from discountramps.com. You can get them up to 120" and they fold to 60" and still slide right under the 700xx

http://www.discountramps.com/dual-runner-atv-ramps.htm

roadkill

·
Registered
174 Posts
i picked up a set of steel ramps at Walmart after the whole Hemo-Man...nut busting experience...trying to lift when shouldn't have been....

i always find grade change to load and unload....and i use those tie straps that comes with the ramps...!:yay:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I mess with Baxter a lot. I'm sure he get's my sense of humor and doesn't take offense.

:)
Don't make me come after you boy !:steamed:

·
Registered
174 Posts
THAT IS A LONG WAY TO GO FOR CORRECTIVE BEHAVIOR........
MIGHT BE ALOT CHEAPER TO HIRE IT DONE...........:yay::yay::yay::yay:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts