Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will soon be purchasing a TRX700 and I'm in the market for a loading ramp for a Silverado pick-up truck. Can anyone recommend a decent and reasonably priced loading ramp that will accommodate both the width of the TRX and the height of a normal Silverado pick-up? I've noticed many of the ramps are 46" wide and the TRX is 46.3" - is this a problem at all?

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

·
Registered
187 Posts
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Tread Asphalt

This is what I use, The tires do hang off the edges a little. I ride right up and back right down out of my 1500 Ram. The best part is the ramp is hinged in three sections, When folded it will slide right in under your xx thanks to your xxs IRS

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a single fold 7 ft ( I think) and about 1/4 of my tires hang off the ramp on each side.oh ya I have a 2002 crew cab drw4x4 gmc. just make sure you use the straps to hold the ramp agniest the truck

·
Registered
253 Posts
.3" is negligible. You won't even notice the gap.

I load my 400EX in the back of my dad's F350 that has 35" tires and a 2" lift wit no problems. Like 700xxx said, just make sure to use the straps to keep the ramps from slipping off. If you're worried about the angle being too steep, back your truck about 1/8 of the way up the driveway (that is, if you have an angled drive) and load it like that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for your replies. I decided to support the sponsor and purchased one from atvexpress.com. Thank you for the advice of backing the truck up the driveway, that will work quite well with my driveway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Black Widow ramps are great. They are black finished aluminum folding ramps and come in different sizes. I have a Honda Ridgeline and I use the 94.5" length ramps that are 11.25" wide and fold up to 48.5" each. This is a pic of my ramps in use.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You guys should try loading it your quad on YOU CHOICE of ramps... in the back of my truck (lifted f250 on 37" tires)... i hope you're comfortable doing up hill wheelies!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been doing it for years in the back of my dad's lifted F350. Once you get over the fact that you really do only have the back wheels touching the ramps, it's easy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You guys should try loading it your quad on YOU CHOICE of ramps... in the back of my truck (lifted f250 on 37" tires)... i hope you're comfortable doing up hill wheelies!
clearly nice xx 5WOP3 but I forgot to mention earlier I LIKE the truck too...have an 02 F250...haven't had the funds to lift it yet though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts