Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nooo nooo nooo.... its not mine. More like lunch and afternoon snacks for my XX :lmao:

My roommate traded his YFZ450 quad for this 08' Raptor - HELLUVA deal!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its in awesome condition! Has less scratches than my XX!

Pic of YFZ it was an 04. He wanted rid of it just because it wasn't very good on the trails and no reverse. The YFZ was nowhere near stock, ran on race gas and had a widened suspension. I personally think he came out on the better end of the deal. His YFZ was setup to MX and definitely not to ride trails. All we do here Raptor. This picture makes the quad look REALLY good btw.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Send him my way. I can make it fly for $2000 and that includes parts, installation and tuning. Did some one say over 70hp!?

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Thats a nice quad too. Doesnt look like it was setup for MX though. Stock suspension, stock A-arms, stock swingarm, stock axle, 20" rears. Should have been great in the trails. You dont even need reverse on those things, theyre so easy to spin around.

Sounds like he got a good deal though since its a 04...the raptor is worth much more. :tup:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Send him my way. I can make it fly for $2000 and that includes parts, installation and tuning. Did some one say over 70hp!?
He definitely wants to talk to you. Is there a combo thats proven? PM me if you like.

Thats a nice quad too. Doesnt look like it was setup for MX though. Stock suspension, stock A-arms, stock swingarm, stock axle, 20" rears. Should have been great in the trails. You dont even need reverse on those things, theyre so easy to spin around.

Sounds like he got a good deal though since its a 04...the raptor is worth much more. :tup:
It has widened suspension and revalved shocks, piston, intake, exhaust... all the supporting mods. It actually SUCKED going through trails on that thing. lol

He rode the Raptor down the street last night and you could definitely tell by the look on his face that he was happy with the added torque.

That thing is clean, he's going to have a blast.

When you guys coming down here to ride? :p
You tell me! I'm game during the week and weekend!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My Track II port, X2 or X4 cam, 14:1 std bore, Duals, intake, PCIII and Dynateck will be over 70hp.
My Track II port, Hot Cam stage II, 11:1 std bore, duals or single, intake, PCIII and Dynateck will be over 60hp.
Big 3 using duals will be over 50hp.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Track II port, X2 or X4 cam, 14:1 std bore, Duals, intake, PCIII and Dynateck will be over 70hp.
My Track II port, Hot Cam stage II, 11:1 std bore, duals or single, intake, PCIII and Dynateck will be over 60hp.
Big 3 using duals will be over 50hp.
I know he's wanting to stay away from requiring race gas in this one lol. He's probably just going to do the big three, go down a tooth/maybe stay the same. and rock it like that for a while. Right now we're looking for a stock muffler for it. Someone did a wheelie (i'm guessing on the street) and hit the exhaust and bent it up. Hes just gonna throw a stocker on it for now.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Stock is 14t on the front, 15t is very common for people to go to on these 700 Raptors- not the 13t. 1st gear becomes unuseable once you get past stock build even in technical trails. 1st is too low and second is a tad high and the 15t breaks the difference. I have 15t/36t on my build and I can go anywere with that gearing, stock is 14t/38t.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stock is 14t on the front, 15t is very common for people to go to on these 700 Raptors- not the 13t. 1st gear becomes unuseable once you get past stock build even in technical trails. 1st is too low and second is a tad high and the 15t breaks the difference. I have 15t/36t on my build and I can go anywere with that gearing, stock is 14t/38t.
Good to know! I'm thinking about trying my 14t out this weekend! :hey:

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys are invited a-n-y-t-i-m-e you feel up to it.

Just let me know when.
Will do!
On a side note, I won't be able to make it up to Oklahoma Sunday..9 hours on the car plus riding would be a little too much for me...especially since I added the slip on and programmer....I know I'll be wearing my ass out bigtime.
Thats even more of a reason to come!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man you have no idea how much I would love to come up there with you guys. I really had a good time riding/hanging with you all. Busting your ass with friends is much more fun than by yourself.
Well you know the deal! haha come up sat. night and it breaks part of that 9 hours up :yay:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How did the ride go? I bet ya'll had a blast! I wish I woulda gone up there...
Dude - beyond fun. I actually got to hear my quad with someone else riding it... it sounds like a monster coming through the trees... i never really realized how loud it was either. Its like one long gunshot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts