Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I know I'm new here but.. I'm lookin at a used 700xx that's on CL right now, it's an 08 he bought it 2 years ago next month as a leftover, says he's only got 30 hours on it. My question is... is there anything to really look for on these quads specific to the 700xx? From what I've been reading they seem to be pretty reliable, not like lookin at a polaris.:lol: Also, what is the base factory warranty on the 700xx, as like I said, the kid bought it 2 years ago next month. Thanks for any advice

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
They only have a 1 year warranty. If it still has the original Dunflops and the plastics are in good shape(not alot of scratches) Then it probably only has 30 hours on it. I would just check it out real good. Is there pic.'s? I'll take a look at it if so.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Things i would look for and the list i made when i purchased my used 700xx

1- cv boots
2 -oil
3-spark plug
4-air filter & box
5-intake tubing for dirt
6-make sure it's cold during start-up
7 -no visible nuts or bolts missing
8- do they have the title

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the kid sent me a bunch of pics, an I know they are recent cuz he sent me them on his phone an I asked him what to take pictures of. it looks brand new with the original dunlops, an the plastics are all in good condition but... he has a million stupid stickers on the thing. That list seems to be pretty much the things to look for on any quad. He sent me one pic that I was kinda concerned about cuz... the rear driveshafts aren't black, they look like they have surface rust on em, but the exhaust doens't which I thought was kinda wierd. He said he stored it indoors for a year an a half an the past six months he's been keeping it on his farmers porch. cuz he moved an doesn't have a garage anymore. Does anyone elses have surface rust on em? if it wasn't such a screaming deal I would pass it up, he's only asking 3500.

·
Registered
538 Posts
make sure the handlebars are good and straight, its easy to tell if a xx has been rolled b/c the steering stems will bend. If the handlebars are cockeyed, then its been rolled. Make sure to check the air box, oil (color and level), look at the teeth on the front sprocket, they shouldnt be sharp at all if it only has 30 hrs. Usually after looking over it after 30 secs, go with your gut feeling. $3500 is a hell of a deal, does it have any aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
538 Posts
no rust here either, dont let that scare you away, light surface rust on the drive shaft imo will fix itself after a good ride. After that first ride keep her sprayed down with a light lube, i use tire foam (sounds crazy but works like a champ)

Look for rust near the welds, engine and bolt heads

·
Registered
755 Posts
My lower front A arms got rusty pretty quickly, and I store it in a shed or garage.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What everybody else said plus: CV joints for slop, brakes, and wheel bearings. If it is only 30 hrs, shouldn't be an issue with any of those unless it has had it rough.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no, it's 100% stock. I still haven't sold my renegade but... I know this is a deal so... I'm gonna go look at it friday night, an prolly pick it up if it's good. I was looking at some even on ebay that looked mint, an the rear driveshafts were brown. Hopefully the thing is mint an I will pick it up. Just wish it wasn't 2 hours away, ugh!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOOOT WOOOT!!! Just put a deposit on a MINT 08 with 12 hours, got it for 4138!! Haha FROM A DEALER!!! they guy messed up an quoted me the price they had on a 450r and honored the price!! pickin her up on thursday!!!!!!! I also picked up the last 2 razr's on the entire internet too from motorcycle superstore!

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
WOOOT WOOOT!!! Just put a deposit on a MINT 08 with 12 hours, got it for 4138!! Haha FROM A DEALER!!! they guy messed up an quoted me the price they had on a 450r and honored the price!! pickin her up on thursday!!!!!!! I also picked up the last 2 razr's on the entire internet too from motorcycle superstore!
Congrats :rock: you'll love the XX and the Razr's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts