Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Hey squeak,

Are you still living in Hartford? I just got out of the military and moved to Danbury. I was stationed in Groton for a while and know of a few guys there that ride in that area a little bit. I have been looking around here, and heard of a trail on the east side of danbury that will take you to some powerlines in NY that are illegal, but apparently as long as you dont park your ride on the edge of the trail you'd be fine. If you find anything local to us, let me know will you. If you ever get a bike I know there are some trails at exit 24 (I think) that go on for a ways, a few closed loops but its about 90 miles total (It is Thomaston damn). Also, according to Thumpertalk.com, there are quite a few places in MA that aren't too far away, and only cost $5 a day. The problem is most aren't open until May due to hunting/ snowmobile season. If you find of any places nearby, let me know. Also, I'd be up for riding when I can. I am currently doing a winterseries harescramble back home in NY. Speaking of which, I was at a shop the other day in Danbury and some guy there said they have hare scrambles out here every other weekend. I could find out for you if you're interested. They are fun and a good workout.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts