Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually live in Las Vegas. We have one place here that I know of that we can go trail riding on sand and Im looking for some others. As long as I could do a weekend trip, Id be good with that. Im new to the region, and am just looking for some new areas to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Glamis for sure, but for more possibilities, you may try: riderplanet.com at link below...

California ATV Trails

Click on "More" for more info about location... OR, click on "Home" at top of page and select a different state.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
While there are many places to ride legally, there are also many places to ride where it's not quite legal, but ignored by authorities. The problem there is that these places are NOT patrolled, NOT maintained, NOT marked. But the biggest problem is that if you get into trouble or are hurt... you're on your own. One place I know of is an area we call "Goldfields"... it's just outside Marysville, CA. along the Yuba River... it's a large area where there are massive dunes of mine tailings (rocks not sand). Some of these pilings come from dredging for gold on the Yuba River and some are left over from gravel and rock mining operations. Area is totally uncontrolled... I've seen people riding drunk, without helmets and with 2 or more on their ATV and combinations. Disaster waiting to happen. I have ridden there many times usually with several friends but still don't know who owns or controls the land... Yuba City, Yuba County, Marysville???

Oh yeah, even though it's dunes, you shouldn't try using paddle tires, they'll get tore up real fast in the loose rocks.

roadkill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts