Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 700 Raptor ,and looking at buying a used 700xx.My only concern is the cv joints on the bike . Im wondering if there has been issues with the cv joints before I buy this bike ? any replies would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think I recall 1 or 2 people having a problem with the cv joints but no matter what you buy there's at least someone who had a problem in any given area of a machine. I would say generally people don't have any issues with the cv joints.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The trx700 is a very dependable quad. Look around the fourm and you will discover just how well built this quad is. A few simple modifications really makes this quad shine. Replace the rear sway bar with a heavy duty one and go ride.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you ride rough trails, you'll be absolutely amazed at how well this atv does. Its a monster on the rough stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a Honda fan. I was just curious because sometimes changes can be good or bad. Thanks guys for your info! I am going to buy the bike.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I am a Honda fan. I was just curious because sometimes changes can be good or bad. Thanks guys for your info! I am going to buy the bike.
the 700xx is well built in my opinion, ive had 250 ex, 300 ex, 400ex, and the 700 outshines them all, dont know about the 450r though as ive never owned one, ive had my 700xx for over 2 years now with no problems, ive got over 200hrs on it, the 400 ex wouldnt last that long without the timing chain adjuster wearing out and the rings wearing out,and the rear axle bearings wearing out.:xx:

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
The only downfall of the 700xx is the weight......everything thing else about the quad is AMAZING! I hands down Love my 700xx. Its a strange quad to get used to because of the IRS and the weight but once you get comfortable its great! I eat up 450r's in the woods all day, the suspention is very good for rough trails. Just dont start jumping big untill you get the elka shocks. Stock's are terrible.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The bike being heavier has not really affected me. I think it is because of the awesome grab bar position on the rear. I get stuck all the time during the winter and I only weigh 155 pounds and I haven't had to call for help yet. I tried lifting raptor 660s and 700s and for lifting purposes the weight difference felt pretty negligible. Riding felt a bit lighter but again not a huge difference. The XX was made for me though, I like rough trail riding and sport bike fun. Could not have asked for a better machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I did buy the 700xx and i got to say i love it. It rides a lot better than the Raptor 700 i sold. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sold my 700 Raptor ,and looking at buying a used 700xx.My only concern is the cv joints on the bike [FONT=&quot]HID blue headlights[/FONT] wondering if there has been issues with the cv joints before I buy this bike ? any replies would be greatly appreciated,thank you in advance.
Like someone stated previously, you're always going to have problems with whatever you get. I had only one friend who had problems with the CV Joints, but I don't think this is why you shouldn't buy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.