Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a full exhaust system for my trx700xx. I've been looking around and there arent many to choices.. Please let me know what you think

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
barker, sparks or alba are the best out there.. i'd stay away from hmf and fmf

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
What is wrong w/ FMF? That is what I have on mine and it is fine. The reason why HMF and FMF aren't big choices here in my opinion is b/c there hasn't been much R&D compared to the Barkers. Therefore, there isn't really Dyno numbers compared to the others, but I definately could tell the difference when I put mine on. The good thing about Barkers, is you could get the Big 3 package from EHS racing and save some money.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I dont agree with that comment Maniac. Most of the pipes out there are producing around the same results, a lot of it comes down to build quality of the system and Barker and HMF have that sorted right out. 45 Im told HMF done a massive amount of development on there full system for the 700xx

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
they stick out the back and u cant put a aft market bumper ......other than that there good....

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
hmf has a dyno sheet...but it only shows a 5hp increase... but i think they used the stock tires so just add 3-4hp

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
My apologies overlord, I meant to say there wasn't much R&D shown to us, but each has massive amounts. Some people keep their stuff (dyno sheets) secret. And the FMF doesn't stick out past the grab bar, and the only reason I had a problem with mine was b/c it got hit in a race maniac...by a punk kid like you LMFAO. It depends on what you want for a bumper as well. I got one that was huge so I could absorb people hitting me.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No sweat 45, with the pipe sticking out past the grab bar, I think it looks fat anyway you can change end caps also.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
My apologies overlord, I meant to say there wasn't much R&D shown to us, but each has massive amounts. Some people keep their stuff (dyno sheets) secret. And the FMF doesn't stick out past the grab bar, and the only reason I had a problem with mine was b/c it got hit in a race maniac...by a punk kid like you LMFAO. It depends on what you want for a bumper as well. I got one that was huge so I could absorb people hitting me.
oppss i meant to say that they stick farther out the back than others.. and i dont hit ppl...ppl hit me... just look at my grab bar lmao... but that wasnt a bad dent on ur old fmf (for a quad hitin it)

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Pretty satisfied with quality, performance amd sound of the: FMF Q4 + Powerbomb

Neighborhood friendly without compromise.

Yep, and it can get louder if you take the insert out :) People think I ride a 2 stroke when they heaer me coming.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Honestly, you can't go wrong with any major company... Alba, Big Gun, HMF, FMF, Barkers, Sparks, Duncan... Like I've said before, and I'll keep sticking to it, it comes down to style choice. Which style/color do you like better?... These pipes difference is very minimal!!!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Honestly, you can't go wrong with any major company... Alba, Big Gun, HMF, FMF, Barkers, Sparks, Duncan... Like I've said before, and I'll keep sticking to it, it comes down to style choice. Which style/color do you like better?... These pipes difference is very minimal!!!
And the sound note, they all have just a tad different pitch. Totally agree.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
crwh i liked who urs sounded (fmf factory 4.1) and it was funny when eveyone in McDonalds look at ur truck like wtf??

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Dude Barkers has the best midpipe design IMO. It builds lots of torque over the entire rev. range. It also sounds great and fit perfect. I also like the FMF stuff. I've rode with several of these guys that have them and the quality seems to be top notch. the hmf and the sparks seem to be well liked also but i haven't seen or heard one of the on a XX so i can't say how they perform on this machine. My buddy has the sparks on his LTR450 and man it's LOUD! Sounds sweet though but some people don't like a really loud pipe.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hit the speed limiter on my bike with ehs/barker big 3 and 14t sprocket but from reading this site mine seems to be one of the faster ones from factory dunno why maybe cause it's Canadian :lol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nerv you may have what we call in Aus a Monday Tuesday motor. I think I may have one as well

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I hit the rev limiter on mine too with the barkers ehs big 3 sometimes, mostly after ive had a few land sharks!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts