Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Decibel Ranges

I am looking at the EHS Big 3 & I have a couple of questions...

First off does anyone really worry about the db ranges when riding?

From what I have found for some areas the db range is around 93 in Oregon and around 105 in WA for most areas.

I did email EHS and Eric responded with:

with the quiet core in you are going to be about 94-95 db it will definetly be pushing it. Any aftermarket pipe will be in that range its about the quietest it can be without the QC the barker is closer to 100-102 db.

---------

So now I am wandering can the quiet core with the barkers be changed from using it and not using it ( can you take the QC out )? for different riding areas?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Take off the tip by unscrewing three Allen screws and insert the quiet core and screw the tip on. That's all you gotta do with the Barker pipe. Besides adjust the fuel controller.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The funny thing is the HMF is the exhaust most Raptor riders avoid to make the most power lol. Different bike, different cylinder head design and other differences make the difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for all the help. Where would a good place be to get one from like the barker exhausts? I never seen them on the sites i look at

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So after looking around at exhausts and trying to figure out what i wanted. I found a local person with the yoshi slip-on and bought it for $200. Now ordering my Pc3 this week. The slip on is fine with me for now...Once again thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
446 Posts
barker, sparks or alba are the best out there.. i'd stay away from hmf and fmf
I have an HMF full performance exhaust and it's been nothing short of amazing, the pipe goes to the end of the grab bar, but not past it (I stand them machine on end in my garage with no problem). It's all about the company you trust and the price for the performance. It's runs 104db which pisses my neighbors off but other than that it's schweet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
barker, sparks or alba are the best out there.. i'd stay away from hmf and fmf

Ive been running the FMF 4.1 with powerbomb header since 2008 on my Dos Equis. Its amazing! Theres nothing like the reliability of a track proven system.

FMF 4.1 full system... hands down, no competition, IMHO.:xx:

·
Registered
333 Posts

From what I have found for some areas the db range is around 93 in Oregon and around 105 in WA for most areas.

with the quiet core in you are going to be about 94-95 db it will definetly be pushing it. Any aftermarket pipe will be in that range its about the quietest it can be without the QC the barker is closer to 100-102 db.

---------

So now I am wandering can the quiet core with the barkers be changed from using it and not using it ( can you take the QC out )? for different riding areas?
had my FMF 4.1 with powerbomb header tested in florence, OR by the good ol ranger last year... 92db's with the spark arrestor in.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
had my FMF 4.1 with powerbomb header tested in florence, OR by the good ol ranger last year... 92db's with the spark arrestor in.
I ride in Florence all the time and have never seen anyone get checked for sound. that makes me a bit nervous cuz i just got a dmc afterburner full exhaust that say its db is 104.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
What are the Oregon limits for Sound, I am originally from Eugene but had to move to Cal for Work. I plan on heading back home soon, to at least play with the Quad, I am not a fan of nothing but desert riding.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the HMF Performance series full exhaust and i love it. It's loud and sounds sick. The difference is so minimal between the different types I would say go HMF!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the info Tomkat.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So in the Nov 2010 issue of Dirt Wheels they have another project 700xx. They are using a Fat Boy 4 Complete Exhaust System; is anyone on here familiar with this one? How does it compare to the Barkers?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts

---------

Simple answer is yes, you can take the quiet core out and switch to just a spark arrester. However, the quiet core and it's spark arrester are a one piece unit... so you'd need a separate spark arrester. I ordered my Barkers with both the quiet core/spark arrester AND a separate spark arrester. If I remember correctly, the quiet core is $25.00 and the spark arrester is $15.00... just order with both parts. I can change one to the other in less than 2 minutes.... including adjusting the efi controller to richen up or lean up as needed. The quiet core has it's own spark arrester, but can't be separated from the quiet core to use by itself... That's why you'd need to order BOTH pieces.

On another note.... I was sound tested by the FS here in northern California and I tested at 92db with the quiet core. Most areas where I ride have a 96db limit.... which is what I always thought was pretty much the standard limit.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
What are the Oregon limits for Sound, I am originally from Eugene but had to move to Cal for Work. I plan on heading back home soon, to at least play with the Quad, I am not a fan of nothing but desert riding.
I think the state wide standard is 99db, but some areas like florence, are 93db i think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
does the powerbomb header fit with different manufacturer's slip ons?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts