Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have moose racing nerfs.the fenders no longer have the stock hell gaurd bracket to keep them from flapping around when i ride.does anyone have a solution? i thought about cutting the stock bracket to help brace the fender more.

·
Registered
79 Posts
show us some pics...I got the Pro Armor Fat Nerf Bars...I love them...I had to do some messing around to get mine to line up..Send us some pics and maybe we can see what your talking about..

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
If you mean that you don't have a piece on the Moose nerfs that connects the top of the heal guard to the fender like mine in the attachment... Yes, I know that I have PRM, but it just serves to illustrate the piece that's lacking in the Moose design.

If this is what you're talking about, you may just have to make the piece yourself and weld it... or live with your fender loose.

roadkill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is the issue,sounds like i have some fabricating to do.thanks for the pic it gave some ideas

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you mean that you don't have a piece on the Moose nerfs that connects the top of the heal guard to the fender like mine in the attachment... Yes, I know that I have PRM, but it just serves to illustrate the piece that's lacking in the Moose design.

If this is what you're talking about, you may just have to make the piece yourself and weld it... or live with your fender loose.

roadkill
Hey Roadkill,
Are those the solid alum pan PRM's or the heel gaurd with netting PRM's? I was wondering how the rear fenders were going to be braced after I took off the stock braces going to the factory heel gaurds. I didn't want the solid ones because I din't want to fool with moving my shifter.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The first thing I did was remove my heel guards because I think they look ugly. I made a bracket out of the heel guard metal brackets off off my yfz heel guards. I first tried the xx heel bracket but its a different metal and was really hard to bend. The brackets that I made are hid and look factory plus my fenders are solid "no floppin". :yay: I have been meaning to get some pics because several people have asked about them.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Hey Roadkill,
Are those the solid alum pan PRM's or the heel gaurd with netting PRM's? I was wondering how the rear fenders were going to be braced after I took off the stock braces going to the factory heel gaurds. I didn't want the solid ones because I din't want to fool with moving my shifter.
Yep, they are. As for moving the shifter... up one spline. You get used to the new position rather quickly. The actual netted nerfs from PRM have the same heal guard design... The only real difference is netted or solid pan.

roadkill

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK cool. I ordered the netted nerfs. I ride with shorty boots so I'n not too concerned about stuff coming up through them. I got gloss black powder coated with red netting and I got a Desert II bumper in gloss black too. My buddies have the solid nerfs but I just didn't like the idea of moving the shifter. I also seen my co-workers alum nerfs get bent up pretty bad out in Vegas. So bad he could not use the rear brake.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts