Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to shed a few pounds off the XX? Or is it possible b/c it seems it is motor frame and wheels anyhow! lol

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I have shed a few lbs off of mine. 8lbs lost just by switching to fox Shox. Another 3-4 by switching out the exhaust to the barker.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm going to drop weight off mine by eating less!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Ive got mine down to 503 lbs with full tank of fuel and race ready. There is more come off . Gunna be alot less than 500 lbs when finished.
Aiming for 495 lbs with IMS tank full. :D

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I just run way low on oil. Also, I ride in shorts and flip flops. All told, saves me a couple pounds.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I just ride my naked. i removed all the plastics, the fuel tank was replaced with a 2 liter bottle.....i have no seat (causes hemoriods) and used a pvc pipe with a sprite can for an exaust. Man, it looks and sounds like shit but i can jump ALOT higher! :lmao:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
baxter, what all did you do to shed em?... i already weight 135 and i am 6'1 aint much more to lose

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i though i was skinny at 6ft and 145

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
baxter, what all did you do to shed em?... i already weight 135 and i am 6'1 aint much more to lose
I basically got rid of all the stuff I didnt need . I'll find the picture of the bar setup and youll see what I mean. :D

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
wtb make a frame outa chromoly... ig ur skilled enouph u could just buy to tubi and fab ur own frame

·
Registered
87 Posts
wtb make a frame outa chromoly... ig ur skilled enouph u could just buy to tubi and fab ur own frame

If anyone is seriously interested in spending the dough for a chromoly frame let me know. I plan on having one made next winter but might have to order a few to make it happen. Also will be working on a quadtech type 450r vented style carbon fiber hood and may have to buy a few of those as well to make that happen. Chromoly frame on the XX will at least 10lbs. I am shootin for 420 dry, already half way there.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
nice what have u done to the xx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a friend of mine's dad builds IHRA and ADRL drag car frames out of chromoly.... so yeah i have thought about it!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If anyone is seriously interested in spending the dough for a chromoly frame let me know. I plan on having one made next winter but might have to order a few to make it happen. Also will be working on a quadtech type 450r vented style carbon fiber hood and may have to buy a few of those as well to make that happen. Chromoly frame on the XX will at least 10lbs. I am shootin for 420 dry, already half way there.
I thought about building a new frame outta chromoly. You going for stock replacement or something differant ?
I was going to build 4 differant chassis's for differant types of racing.
1: XC
2: MX
3: Desert
4: Hybrid. # 4 is alot of $s but it would look sweet ! :D

·
Registered
755 Posts
How about interchangeable straight axel/ independent rear frame?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Baxter....a side note...I am really jealous of your ability to fund you XX development....there, I'm good its out of my system...i feel better now

·
Registered
87 Posts
I thought about building a new frame outta chromoly. You going for stock replacement or something differant ?
I was going to build 4 differant chassis's for differant types of racing.
1: XC
2: MX
3: Desert
4: Hybrid. # 4 is alot of $s but it would look sweet ! :D

Stock replacement including the subframe and the botton/rear removable cradle.

Lee, I also got the XR water pump conversion done, need to send you pics. I need to find a bottom hose that has a certain bend to it to get it a little further away from the header.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.