Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i dont really know what to say...this was my first run in with the eveil darkside. We raced one lap around the pit and he beat me. In my defence i have the 24" itp mudlites on the back and stock gearing. He had 9" razrs on the back of his and his gearing was done i dont know exactly how he said his back sproket was done too. Well here you go...what should i do this can never happen again lol!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqLy7Wq-sdE

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
stay on the inside of the turns

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Looks like you had him on the flats. I would practice the whooped out sections. The stock rear shocks really want to pogo and the 24s would make it worse in my opinion. Put some 22s back on, get the whoops down, then the rematch!!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
2nd ^^^^^

·
Registered
788 Posts
You just have to want it more.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
IDK man, it looks like on that back whoops section you are actually hitting the whoops and it looks almost like he is on flat ground, and that's pretty much where he had you. The whoops by the finish weren't as bad, you kept a nice pace. in the whoops, try keep your knees lose and your butt far enough off the seat and just let her rip. nice lil race vid though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the moral support hahaha no i couldnt say no to race him either way it was a blast but i think a set of kutters are in order for my back maybe a 13t sproket. ill make sure to get the rematch on vid too

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
canadIanguY,
Great video. Thanks. By-the-way were those gun-shots I heard in the background?
Sid
Haha yeah sid there was some guy sighting in his rifles hunting season just opened up. It was kinda sketchy at first when we heard them lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice vid!
Did you try the 2nd gear start in stead of first? It give you a big advantage when racing from a dead stop.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah man actually i did start in second. i raced a 450r and he was launching in 1st, i tried to tell him to start in second lean forward a little and hammer it he argued his bike would just flip up lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've watched that vid and read the thread a few times now

Was this the only time you guys raced? I mean judging by the video you lost by about a bike length, which isn't that much. It wasn't even a long race, and raptors are not a slow bike. Plus it might just be perspective, but at the end it looked like you slowed down as you reached the end where he sped by. And at a few points you were definitely faster, he might have just been taking a better line at the end

It was a cool vid and all, but it seemed like for a good 'race' it should either be longer... or more laps or something

Or more than likely he cheated somehow. I mean hes riding a raptor he cant be fighting fair

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In the back section in the whoops he almost got into the side of me and i let off for a second. At the end he took the top line down the last stretch which has no whoops but i took the lower which is all whoops almost. Taking the inside there i was able to catch back up to him but got a little messed up at the end you can see the sticks on the ground at the end thats the finish. That was the only time we raced i was on reserve and was surprised i made it around that time it was the end of the day we were out of gas. It was better than a drag race anyways

1 - 19 of 19 Posts