Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden Lost Trails in PA? My buddies and I are looking for a place to ride this spring for a weekend, and would like to find somewhere to go other than Hatfield McCoy. We're in MD and the drive to W. Va. is a pain in the ass. any suggestions would be appreciated
:thanks:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey guys, I know this thread is well over a year old but didn't want to start a new thread on the same subject. Anyway has anyone rode here lately? I was thinking about getting a membership for my family but wanted to get some input first. I live down by Cape May, NJ and Lost Trails is about the closest legal riding area to me. I have been to rock run recreation a handful of times and freaking love it but hate the 6 hour drive, makes it a pain for a weekend getaway. Any info would be greatly appreciated or if anyone knows of a place closer please let me know.

John

·
Registered
308 Posts
I rode there in March and ended up with a pretty good dented rim that I had to replace but I'll keep it as a emergency backup.

Like with most PA trails it is rocky but not nearly as rocky as their original location. I've also have rode at Rock Run and Rock Run is smooth compared to Lost Trails. I would suggest going up and riding it once before buying the membership.

Dan

·
Registered
284 Posts
I rode there in March and ended up with a pretty good dented rim that I had to replace but I'll keep it as a emergency backup.

Like with most PA trails it is rocky but not nearly as rocky as their original location. I've also have rode at Rock Run and Rock Run is smooth compared to Lost Trails. I would suggest going up and riding it once before buying the membership.

Dan
Thanks for the input. I may head up there next weekend with my daughter before school starts. The only other that sucks is you can not camp there. If you stayed more then one day, did you stay at a hotel or a campground?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I only live about an hour and half away from there so I make the trip and just come home after riding.

May I ask how old is your daughter and what kind of quad is she riding? Has she rode there before?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I only live about an hour and half away from there so I make the trip and just come home after riding.

May I ask how old is your daughter and what kind of quad is she riding? Has she rode there before?
She is 9 going on 20 lol and rides a 07 250ex. She has never rode there but handles the blue and some black trails at Rock Run. Do you think it would be to difficult for her? Hate to get there and she can not ride because its too hard.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My daughter is 11 going on 20 also.....unfortunately! She is still riding a Raptor 90cc but doesn't get a lot of seat time but I'm trying to work on that.

Naah, I doubt it. I would prepare her for a little more handlebar kick back and she'll probably have very tired and sore hands and arms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts