Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
What dasa, they don't make one and/or have any plans as of now to make one, I have sent t hem plenty of emails. I can forward them to you. I do believe they mayhave made one a while back but that was it. Big gun is no comparison to a barkers.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Barkers then sparks

·
Registered
192 Posts
I love the sound of my Sparks. I've never seen another 700XX in person that had an aftermarket exhaust to compare it to. Its loud, and deep, just the way I like it. Here is a "sound clip" of my Sparks X-6 if you want to hear it lugging 2nd gear up a hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmQHAKsxPs0&feature=g-upl

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a full HMF, had a FMF, heard a full FMF on friends quad, and to me the HMF sounds the meanest, not sure about the other pipes, but HMF is staying on all my machines since they sound great.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Yea and in short time I'll show you there is nothing wrong with the dobeck. O wait, already did.
Dobeck's are for baby builds like yours:lol: Show me a XX making over 60 rwhp using the blinking magic box:nuts:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Boosts reply was meant for future mods, if he ever wanted to do any. Theres nothing wrong with "the set it and forget" style programmers like dobeck. But, they you can't customize them, only add fuel to a probably already rich running map. Thats how my HMF is, anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Boosts reply was meant for future mods, if he ever wanted to do any. Theres nothing wrong with "the set it and forget" style programmers like dobeck. But, they you can't customize them, only add fuel to a probably already rich running map. Thats how my HMF is, anyway.
I hear what you're saying. Eric at EHS has a lot more going into his dobeck than the HMF. He has a tune loaded into the dobeck and if need be you can add or subtract fuel. It is possible to get a slightly finer tune with the PC, I'm not denying that. My point is that you CAN build a bike with the dobeck. I'm waiting on parts from Eric at EHS right now. When I finish building my xx I'll have these parts...

Barker exhaust
EHS dobeck
EHS +1 head with cnc port
EHS +3 throttle body
EHS Xcaliber cam
EHS clutch kit
High compression CP piston
Uni filter

This is a decent build, not saying a full on drag build like these raptors or 08700xx. I'm looking to prove Eric's dobeck to be more than what people may think. If you can get this much and more out of a dobeck than you're fine with that option as long as it is coming from EHS. Eric will be testing a +3 head soon as well. That should be a 60+ hp build with a dobeck. I will start a new thread with the build, pictures and video with dyno sheet. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
After 60+ rwhp the factory fuel injector is maxed out. I run a 600cc injector in both my XX's and a PVC is a must. The PCV can remove(dobecks CAN NOT) or add fuel, here is the map i am running in one of my 700xx. I was just trying to help the OP make the right choice if had had plans for future mods. The dobecks do fine with little builds and little cams (hot cams).

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
After 60+ rwhp the factory fuel injector is maxed out. I run a 600cc injector in both my XX's and a PVC is a must. The PCV can remove(dobecks CAN NOT) or add fuel, here is the map i am running in one of my 700xx. I was just trying to help the OP make the right choice if had had plans for future mods. The dobecks do fine with little builds and little cams (hot cams).

I will be using one of the biggest cams made for the xx with a dobeck, haha. PVC? You doing some plumbing on your build?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
on the bigger builds cam profiles will have a lot to do with fuel consumption you can have a high lift cam with a different profile that make good # and not burn as much fuel.

you would benefit more on your build with a smaller inj and or higher fuel pressure jodi. with a 600cc inj and running it at smaller duty cycle like you are you are probably leaving 3 hp on the table and 2-3 fptq even if it is showing its tuned in correctly

you can pull full from the factory map with some of the controllers i sell but the ones i do for the xx you can only add fuel. imo you shouldnt stick to big of an inj in there to where you would need to subtract fuel

for the exhuast the only 2 options i have seen people should consider are the barker and the sparks i prefer the barker i havent done any compaison on the xx for the 2 but on others i have done comparisons the barker always pulled slightly more than the sparks but it is also a quality system. I know some people are on budgets and opt for a slip-on but the gains on the xx particulary with the full pipe, are worth the wait to save up the extra couple hundered bucks imo

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I think the question was... What is the loudest exhaust. But, somehow got turned into a debate on programmer types and different builds.

For the record: I have the Barker with EHS lid and programmer... I really don't need anything more for the riding/racing I do here in California.
I've been sound checked by the FS and tested at 92db with the quiet core. I do race (SCCS) without, but they haven't sound checked me.

roadkill

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.