Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to ask the guys that have lowered their XX what you did or what ideas do you have to lower the front and back?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I don't know what you're looking to do (performance, or you just want to lower it period), but you can get some 450r/400ex shocks to lower the front... for the rear, Baxter (a member here) cut the clevises from the rear shocks down and it lowered a couple of inches if i'm not mistaken... let me see if I can find that thread so you can see what I mean...

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
With the Fox shocks you can set your ride height.
wouldnt that mean you would just have that much less air and not as good of suspension preformance? jw. also i was thinking about your other problem and i think ed's (textera) arms form the rear will give you some more length

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking about your other problem and i think ed's (textera) arms form the rear will give you some more length
Thats a good idea, I'm going to PM Ed now. Thanks :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what you're looking to do (performance, or you just want to lower it period), but you can get some 450r/400ex shocks to lower the front... for the rear, Baxter (a member here) cut the clevises from the rear shocks down and it lowered a couple of inches if i'm not mistaken... let me see if I can find that thread so you can see what I mean...
I was looking for Baxter's thread too. I think I'm going with 450r shocks and cut the back to lower it. Thanks Cesar

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Baxter. Just ordered some 450r shocks to try and lower the front some and I'm going to use your method to lower the back...and hopefully ed can help extend the rear some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts