Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new here but I just bought a lightly used set of front shocks for. I understand they fit much easier than the DS450 shocks, but I was just wondering if any grinding is still necessary and if anyone had any pictures of them installed on their xx.
Thanks

Nevermind... searched for days and 10 minutes after i make an account and thread i find pictures.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
glad you found what you needed, welcome to the club.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What thread did you find? I would be interested in the same option. Post the link if you would please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. What thread did you find? I would be interested in the same option. Post the link if you would please.
Thanks guys,
Heres the link (its from the DS450 shock swap thread but on page 18)
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.phpt=2945&highlight=ltr450&page=18

Apparently the upper mounts on the quad need to expanded 3mm, you need washers for the bottom, and (as the pictures show) the compression reservoirs need to face forward. Doesn't seem like too much work compared to the ds450 swap.
I will post my results after I install them, probably not until the first weekend in October though.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't think I will go that route. I don't want to modify the frame mount. I would be willing to grind on a shock though. Widening that mount is permanent.
I not crazy about messing with the quad itself either, but i want to see if replacing the needle bushing on the LTR shock with a rubber one like on the stock 700xx is possible, if so, the shock can be ground and not the brackets.
Someone talks about this on that link.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where did you pick up the shocks?

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
I don't personally like the ltr450 shocks with the reservoirs facing the front! I think Baxter or someone said the 450r shocks are a direct fit!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are they all the same? I mean how is the ride on each one? I kinda dig the front faceing resi, id paint it black though. I can't drop 1k for Elka's but I'd like a bit better ride. No hijack intended lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The 450r shocks i believe are direct bolt-ons, but they lower the quad just a little too much for the riding I do (mostly Hatfield Mccoy and Pa). The LTR shocks are said only to lower the front 1/2in. The front reservoirs do look a little funny, but you cant see them when your riding so who cares. I got them off a guy on ltr450hq, he said he had another pair in white but with some overspray on the springs (he told me 125 shipped for those).

·
Registered
165 Posts
I will have to do some more searching on the 450r, but I want close to the same stance as well. And thanks I will check it out I haven't looked there yet.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
The 450r shocks i believe are direct bolt-ons, but they lower the quad just a little too much for the riding I do (mostly Hatfield Mccoy and Pa). The LTR shocks are said only to lower the front 1/2in. The front reservoirs do look a little funny, but you cant see them when your riding so who cares. I got them off a guy on ltr450hq, he said he had another pair in white but with some overspray on the springs (he told me 125 shipped for those).
Sounds like a good deal on the shocks, that's about what I gave for my ds450 shocks. And anything is a nice improvement over the stock shocks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts