Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
lucky to be alive with pix

hello all club members.

its hawk.... and to make a long story short i wrecked my xx last saturday and received a cracked hip..... had surgery sunday...
i am pulling threw this just fine..... one day at a time.... and ill get threw this and walk again.... all iam asking is for your undieing support while i go threw these tough times.

iam not asking for any free bee's or pitty parties... i would reccomend the big 3 be changed to helmet chest protector and boots how ever...

my helmet SAVED MY LIFE unfortunitly i oppted to not where my chest protecor that day

and dont have boots yet......

ill be posting pix of my 12 inch incision tonight and the 50 some staples that hold it all togeather.

god bless
james

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Ouch, Best of luck with your recovery

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much.... yup my hip was just as i say... CRACKED IN HALF i have now two plates in my hip

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
So whats the story? What were you doing?

·
Registered
364 Posts
ouch.. sorry to hear this.. .How would the chest protector protect the hip?.. I have a full daniese chest and back I wear at all times.. helmet obviously, but no boots.

Glad to hear you survived... stay positive...
Dan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey dude...sorry to hear about the accident! Glad to see that you are staying positive and things are going back in the right direction....I will keep you in my prayers! Get well soon and get back to ridin' dude!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ouch.. sorry to hear this.. .How would the chest protector protect the hip?.. I have a full daniese chest and back I wear at all times.. helmet obviously, but no boots.

Glad to hear you survived... stay positive...
Dan

the chest protector would have kept all the cuts off my back and shoulders

thanks thanks thanks all

how did it happen...? well that thread about the 700 vs ltr450 and the fact i lost the hole shot had me ready to roll aginst my friend last saturday

we went down some old logs and i was determind to beat him to the well roosting threw a curv at 5th gear full throttle isnt the best for ones body.... slid into the ditch and it was all she wrote

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hope your recovery goes well!! Good job stayin positive, keep ur head up!

Riding is a dangerous sport, amature, pro or joe... From the first time u light it off till the time u park it. Everybody know your limit and stay within your ability.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Glad to hear you are pulling through. Thank God for the helmet. Good call on the Big 3, I almost lost my father 4 years ago, and he was only going 2-3 miles per hour. Tried climbing a terrace and rolled it over and lets just say he cushioned the quad with his face, but the handle bars still bent completely backwards. Lesson learned, WEAR A HELMET.

Hope the best for you on your recovery!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
brava brava brava.

thanks all for the continuing support, every new message is like a water drop on my tounge.

today i hope to get you all action pix both of me now and my quad

i have not walked around it since the accident, and to be honest not sure i can stumach the walk around

i know this much is damaged

all plastics but air scoops
tie rods
handle bars
grab bar
fmf power core
front ac black line bumper

i am not so upset but i was so close to the other big 3 with exhaust efi and air box lid and now to start over... the only thing that kinda makes me happy is by the time iam ready to slowly go back and do this their will be other exhausts out hopfully....

but i push on... i have proarmor nurffs at the bike shop ill wait to install them.

after they are paied off my goal is

evs neck brace
better helmet then gmax ( it saved me no complaints )
fox boots and 180 gear and chest protector

a message to any of you young guys ( iam 24 ).... please drop your ego with your other friends... your bike comes with an exhaust... and you can change that as many times as you want, you only come with 1 set of legs and arms and 2 hips one back... and the only replacements are plastic

think about this really really hard... their is no glory in one slight cracked hip and one completely cracked in half hip trust me... if i could do last satuday over i would have...

nothing wrong with cool as pipes... but are your own assets covered... if not you might want to adjust your attack a little bit

to every one else who knows what iam talking about pix soon

to the whole websight... thanks 5 million times over for your replys

god bless

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dang, man, hope you get better soon.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the damage:

fender flairs
radiator cover
the plastic above the headlight
back fenders
grab bar
tie rods
tail light
handle bars

all in all not bad, wont know any more till i take plastics appart.... if tie rods are bent would one imagen the stearing stem and and A-arms be fucked ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well its actully a good sign that your worried about your quad more then yourself.

It will be a while till you regain the mobility your used to..but being your age you have a great chance of returning to normal...with nothing but a scar and a great story to remember it by.

Hope your doctors are getting you the right treatment too, there are alot of blood vessels near that bone area. Damage to them can occur even during the healing process, so take it easy the first few months. you want the bone to heal right, its the only way your going to get back into doing what you like.

Good Luck with the recovery....you will need it, because bigger better things await.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i will be the first to say iam getting ahead of my self and thinking about the quad now instead of me.......... its my young go go go go go type personality, iam a live my leg feels ok dispite the bruses now how does that bike look again hahaha

but your right

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOW, Im 42 and im sore just from bouncing around on that thing for 4 hours. Hope you recover soon my friend and glad you are still with us...

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PIX ON FIRST PAGE OF MY LONG SCAR AFTER SURGERY VIEWER DESCRESSION IS ADVISED

well i guess it went end over end........ front bumper and grab bar are destroyed, exhaust busted in half..... bars are a little bent all plastics but the sides by the engin are fucked ( think the radiator cover is good thought and so is the gas tank cover ( i think )

tie rods both are destroyed thats all that i can look at, iam in no shape to take it down to inspect the under part of the frame.

like i said maybe a 1000 dollars worth of damage as long as the A-arms are fine, the look find but driving it is another story.... also not sure it stearing stem is bent eaither

ill up date on it later

1 - 20 of 38 Posts