Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just got my razr's mounted and was wondering how many ft lbs to torque the wheels to? Searching didn't work and i dont have time to down load the service manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dost mater just along as there good and snug

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used and electric 1/2" drive impact and put my rims back on. I didn't hammer them tight but i made sure they were good and snug. Seems to be fine.

·
Registered
671 Posts
47 ft-lbs. I always torque the lugs everytime I put a rim back on. I have great fears of watching a tire pass me while riding.

Doug

·
Registered
152 Posts
Red-N-BlackXX...I commend you wanting to do the job right. Over tightening would definitely weaken these rims and we all have seen what not tightnening them enough can do!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Red-N-BlackXX...I commend you wanting to do the job right. Over tightening would definitely weaken these rims and we all have seen what not tightnening them enough can do!
Thanks! We all know or should know how soft these factory wheels are. Too much torque could really mess them up!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thanks! We all know or should know how soft these factory wheels are. Too much torque could really mess them up!
Are you guys serious? I have never messed up a Honda rim and have tightened the crap out of them since they started making aluminum rims with the insert for beveled lug nuts. I have had a couple sets of cheap Douglas rims that didn't take it very good, but never an issue with Honda rims.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know? I'm just affraid to over tighten them. They seem to get damaged very easy. Mine are kinda scratched up and ive only ridden mine a couple times?

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
also the bad thing about over tightening the lugs is you stretch the studs and over time you weaken them. this could cause the studs to break off or crack. it also thins the threads on the studs and that can lead to stipping them out. thats why you should always torque to specs.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I understand where you guys are coming from and respect your opinions, but there is no way I would ever grab a torque wrench when I put a tire on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts