Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recent trip to WV. On Sat. 10/29/11 my Uncle and I went out for a ride. We were heading to East Lynn Lake. About 7 miles into the trip we hit a nasty hill. I bout went over the front bars. And afterwards my Uncles rail buggies left axel popped out of the CV. Joint. He put it back in and away we went. And around 5 more miles it went out again, and I ended up towing it to a station, and then to a Cousins. It was all on the black top. IDT the Trx700xx would of towed that big buggy nowhere in the hill‘s. And I had around 50 some photos with my new GoPro Hd Hero camera, and around 30 video’s all in 1080P. In camera mode it was shooting one picture right after another, like 1-3 secs. apart? I knew that was a option, but didn’t know how to fix it on the trail. So later after we got back to my Uncles house, we viewed the videos and pictures. Had some real sweet colors from the trees with the color changes. And then I decide to mess with camera settings. I wanted to switch to 720p @ 60fps. And also switch camera mode to signal shot. Well somehow I deleted the whole days ride! ERRR I was FingPO!.

So I went back out 10/30/11 and made a few videos by myself to share. Here’s the 1st one hope you like it, and thanks for looking. And fyi I didn’t touch camera setting the whole day, just started video and stopped, and repeat, lol. Some one please tell me a good video editing s/ware program, something real user friendly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkRGYA6JsLs

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
you could tell its fall up there you cant see the trails for all the leaves nice vid and nice looking area and scenery:tup:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the same trail, just the down hill ride. And this trail is always cover'd it is seldom traveled. And it is alot rougher near bottom than this looks. I love looking over the edge! I will get a video of this trail next summer, just to show, no one clears the path!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwGKgpuNfVg

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
i use imovie. It's easy to use for guys like me that aren't computer guru's. i have movie maker also and its ok but i don't like having to convert to another format. Seems to lose some quality. The hd gopro records in mp4 and thats a apple codec from my understanding. I could be wrong but thats how i understood it. I also have powerdirector. it's got tons of features but its a little bit difficult to use for a newbie.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Red-N-BlackXX I will look for a copy of IMovie next time I'm at the software store. I would like to be able to add some slow motion, or frezze frames or even a repeat move if it looked sweet enough!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This is a 6 minute video up the hill and back, right next to my Grandmothers house in WV. There are several other trails off this main trail, but you wont see them in this video. Theres one if you look off to the left at 1:40 secs. but not easy to see. And I know theres another one around 2:20 on the right but I dont see it for sure. The 1st one on the left, they told me it was there but I never saw it till it was pointed out to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTXsqdfQFQ

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Windows movie maker is pretty easy and not too bad. That's what Scott and I use.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you could tell its fall up there you cant see the trails for all the leaves nice vid and nice looking area and scenery:tup:

Check that 1st video out again, and look close at the rocks. They are all moss covered. Looks like grass in spots, but its mossy covered rocks. Hardly no one rides this area, its more of a water run off than a trail. 1st time I went down this trail with the factory tires, I didnt think I would make it back up. And even with the new Kenda Kutters there wasnt much traction at first. What I am trying to say is no one rakes the leaves there, lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All of these videos I’m posting are right by my family’s land In WV. At least until I post there from somewhere else. I have plenty more to share with the forum. The next two clips are of one of my favorite hills/mountain climbs. I call it the bridge hill, because it’s near a bridge on the main road. This trail goes all the way up to Bull Mountain. Which is a elevation of approximately 1480 feet, and at the base of the trail or the creek bed 780 feet. This video doesn’t show the last part of the climb up on the ridge, where the edge is on both sides! I will try and post the ridge run after theses two videos. Hope you all like the view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fa67kchMMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4hAJ34j0Zs

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Windows movie maker is pretty easy and not too bad. That's what Scott and I use.

For some reason my files will not open in windows live movie maker.
IDK if it supports the mpeg4 should it? I know I used this app. before with a camera I had that shot video's. All I can use in windows is real player. Or atleast thats all I've found that works for me.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I got it to work by installing a codec pack? Made a test video of my ride at Perry State Forest on 11-5-11 And spent most of today finding out it was to large for youtube! I guess its a 15 min max. When I added the music, you could still hear the backround noise? Never noticed that in any other videos I've seen. thx

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I don't think crash and xx700xx have the 1080p camera. The hd gopro records in mpeg4 like you said. That codec is not compatible with movie maker. As you've already figured out. You gotta change it to another codec first. That's why I find it easier to use iMovie.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked for Imovie at my local pc store mirco center. And all they had there was the how to books? I may have just found a retard working there, lol. I hacked my movie down under 15 mins for youtube, and found out that you cant just add what ever music you want because of copy right bs. My 1st video I posted you tube jacked my music! So it's like 12 mins of silence, even the back round noise is gone.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Perry State Forest, in Ohio

Heres one I tossed together with Windows live movie maker. I hope the sound stays there, I did already get the warning e-mails from youtube. This is like 5 mins of my ride at Perry State forest last Sat. 11/5/11 I noticed in the 1080p mode the top of my helmet dont show like it did in 720p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-BfG2tpnng

·
Registered
122 Posts
cool vid man. i just got to get my registration. or you can come down here and we can go to wv my relatives place and head out to whetstone. i really think you would like it.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds like fun, but probably to much of a drive for me. It looks like 2.5 hrs one way. So that would be alot of driving after riding a few hours. If you register your quad, we could ride the mud hole at Perry State Forest. And if you get a trail pass for WNF next year that place is sweet with over 75 miles of marked trails.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTJw8jAwjQL8h2VAQAzHJMsQ!!/?ss=110914&navid=110000000000000&pnavid=null&cid=FSE_003741&recid=6225&ttype=recarea&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&pname=Wayne+National+Forest+-+Monday+Creek+ATV%2FOHM+Trail+System

not sure how far of a ride these would be for you. But there is camping at a place near wnf. And its cheap like $15 a day with electric or 7 w/o, we could make a 2 day trip, just a thought. http://www.begleyscampground.com/rick/index.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
yea sounds good. im gona see if i can put double the hrs or more on this bike next year. this year i put 22 hrs on it lol thats not enough lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea sounds good. im gona see if i can put double the hrs or more on this bike next year. this year i put 22 hrs on it lol thats not enough lol.

Yea I think I had that in the last two weekends!

1 - 20 of 404 Posts