Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any trailside emergency fix-it stories to share??

I remember-- way back when i was in high school ,riding my KX105, the chain split at the master-link. I don't know why, or how but it did. Anyway after searching around the immediate area, I was able to find the master-link and the plate, but I could not find the u-clip.. I feared I would be pushing the bike all the way home when suddenly I had an Idea!! Ya see at that time I had braces {teeth} and wore those little adjustment rubber bands. I got to thinking-took two of the spare bands, and stretched them accross the retainers of the master-link...it was unbelievable.. they actually held the chain together and I made it all the way home !:D

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I remember one year my buddy which rides a Honda 600 dirt bike were riding the Paiute trail in Utah and we were crusing around 30 mph and all of a sudden my right front dug into the dirt and I was flying off the bike and saw a big tree getting closer and closer so at the last second I turn in flight and miss the tree, after that I sat down and took a deep breath while waiting for my buddy to turn around and noticed that my lower a-arm was disconnected from the wheel hub and could not fix it. My buddy finally showed up and told him the story and we laugh for awhile.
We were about 25 miles in the woods so forget getting help, we ended up tying the lower a-arm to the upper a-arm with a tie down strap and cruised back at a very slow speed, well! most of the time, my buddy thought that I was going too fast which I was but wanted to get back to our campground before sunset, had to restrap it a couple of times during the trip but made it home safely. The funniest part is that it took my buddy about 10 minutes before turning back, he used to race when he was younger so he never looks back and normally I'm usually right on his tail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts