Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a red 700xx that I want to change out the one piece of red plastic for a black one, do you guys think a Maier one would match the factory black? Anybody done this?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Dont do it!!!!! We are losing the race between black/red and black/gray. Dont believe the hype, the color of the plastics don't make it faster. Its the rider that matters. And yes it probably would.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm new here but I feel the pull towards the darker side.

·
Registered
788 Posts
You know what they say right? Once you go black you walk bowl legged for weeks.:hey::hey:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
You know what they say right? Once you go black you walk bowl legged for weeks.:hey::hey:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am making mine a red one. Red ones are racers. :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
It will never be a true black one but you can try.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't priced the plastic piece from Honda directly, I'll probably do that before I get too trigger happy.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I actually didn't realize that Honda sells the std plastics in silver & red & a special metallic version. There is not a black available from Honda that is the same color as the rest of the fenders.

Thanks for the info Remington, your quad looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
no but the maier matches very well

·
Registered
9 Posts
The black Maier is more shinny and "darker" than the OEM. The OEM have a "little gray" but match very well after few months or trail riding (scratch...)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the OEM black directly from Honda. Its from the special edition 2009 xx. Its got the funky gear decals on it, but it matches perfectly of course. I believe its called Chaos metalic black. $165.00 for the special edition black, I believe the metalic grey (actually called devil silver) are around $75.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts