Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys iv only had my 700 for a fue months now i bought it used from a dealer. im wanting to change my oil for the first time since i bought it and change the coolant. what is the best to use on oil and coolant or do you guys just use honda oil and coolant.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I've used the Honda Gn4 10/40 and 30, but switching to Mobile 1 synthetic. Have yet to worry about radiator fluid. What kind of air filter do you have? A lot of riders including me go with the Uni filter

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i second the gn4 honda oil and the UNI air filter
i use gn4 too and have uni.cant go wrong with that. i hit the rev limiter an ride like , i stole mine since i bought new! i have 300 hrs on mine with no valve clearance check yet. i just change oil and filter regular and clean uni when needed . but everybody should look into the rear cv axle prob i had same probthey should be greased regulary the splines like dl said honda has no grease fittings:xx:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill just go with honda oil as far as the filter iv never had it open since iv only had the bike a fue months and only ran 3 and half tanks of gas out of it.but i guess when i change it ill with a uni filter i plan on getting the ehs big 3 later on.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
If you bought quad used and never looked at filter, I'd be doing that before next ride. And don't forget to get filter oil when you pick up the new uni filter. I like the PJ1 in the spray can.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I used amsoil and Honda oil filters. Uni air filter with UNO filter oil. The uni oil is super tacky and doesn't run off into the bottom of the air box like some of the others I've used.
The best thing you can do for your bike is oil changes an air filter maintenance.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Red-N-BlackXX;107740The uni oil is super tacky and doesn't run off into the bottom of the air box like some of the others I've used. [/QUOTE said:
I will switch to that next time, cause my air box drain plug is red!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
M_Quick,
I use the PJ1 "Super Tacky". Never runs off into the airbox.
Sid
Maybe I just over oil, idk?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts