Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
The settings HMF told me to put my Optimizier at is 1.5/3.5/3.5 I think the FMF is the same since they are both Dobeck programmers.

·
Registered
333 Posts
umm yeah...

ok does eny one have a map for an fmf powercore 4 slip on a k&n air filter with an efi programmer
Ok where the hell is everyone gettin their k and n's from? Because I called k and n not the distributer not a dealer, K and N and they said they don't even have a listing for the xx. SO which filter are u guys using?

Not that it matters anyway cause I'm now a UNI foam guy but still if k and n doesn't have listing which one are u using?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use the modquad setup. Comes with a K&N filter, outerwear prefilter, and an aluminum coupler to hook it up. It was about $120 and worth every penny.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I use the modquad setup. Comes with a K&N filter, outerwear prefilter, and an aluminum coupler to hook it up. It was about $120 and worth every penny.
Ok so this modquad deal is the coupler a step up or down piece from the filter to the tb or straight piece? Cause if its a diff size then maybe the filter is for something else anf just being made to fit with a coupler?

Again I'm just curious because after runnin k and n on my trx450r then switchin to foam on the xx I also switched my 450 to foam.

But I'm curious as hell to know where these filters are comin from while k and n is steady claiming they don't have a listing yet for the xx.

Maybe next time one of u guys r cleanin ur k and n u could check ur part number and have a dealer cross it and see what comes up? Just to satisfy my (some guy u don't even know who owns a xx) curiousity.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I just went and took off my filter. The bottom of the filter has F045A6 but the top of the filter has B045A6 and K&N's website dose not pull up either number :confused:

·
Registered
333 Posts
ah ha...

I just went and took off my filter. The bottom of the filter has F045A6 but the top of the filter has B045A6 and K&N's website dose not pull up either number :confused:
Ok, now we're gettin somewhere. Thanks for checkin. Now just for ur own satisfaction, you may want to follow thru on this and find out what filter u actually have. Cause I'm thinkin its for a different application.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I just emailed K&N to ask them what this filter is used for. The filter fits very good and when I removed it I had a lot of sand in the air box and the outerwear prefilter had dust on it but the filter looks perfect still.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i spose...

I guess it may not matter as long as it flows the right cfm for the engine. But since the part numbers on the top and bottom don't match and they don't come up on the search at the k and n website, maybe someone is piecing this filter 2gether and callin it "k and n". Oooohhhh the plot thickens!!??

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I guess it may not matter as long as it flows the right cfm for the engine. But since the part numbers on the top and bottom don't match and they don't come up on the search at the k and n website, maybe someone is piecing this filter 2gether and callin it "k and n". Oooohhhh the plot thickens!!??
I doubt its actually pieced together outside of K&N. K&N themselves may be using pieces from previous models to make this universal filter.

To eliminate quess work just ask K&N if he is an authorized dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
smo0oth1 you are right, K&N emailed me back to tell me the reason the filter has 2 numbers is because it is a universal filter made from 2 different filters and the part number is RU-4740

·
Registered
425 Posts
Downloads fine...

you use winzip to extract it? or winrar?

·
Registered
425 Posts
yup just to show everyone that not only scuzz can send files..

they gota be small to work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my power commander and a while back I was reading about a map someone had made and it was pretty badass. I think his name was Bo. Just wondering if I could get that map. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts