Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got all of the stuff together for the clutch kits. The kit will consist of 8 friction plates and 7 steel plates. This clutch set up is the same clutch that we use in the Baja 1000. And that means that it held up for 16 hr strait of deep sand woops and steep rocky trails along with 90 MPH lake beds and never missed a beat. I have also had the same clutch in my pre runner all year, it has about three thousand miles on it now.

I'm selling the kit as a package, it is selling for $189.00 plus shipping if you are interested pm me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
How much over stock is the hold? I am not a pro rider, I am a weekend warrior, is this a hardcore race clutch or a good overall?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wayne,

Are you offering springs also or seperate. Did you keep the same basket or change that as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much over stock is the hold? I am not a pro rider, I am a weekend warrior, is this a hardcore race clutch or a good overall?

Thanks for the help!
This clutch has the same feel as the stock clutch at the lever. It can take more action than the stock one because of the larger surface areas.

The price for this heavy duty clutch is the same price as the stock clutch. And it will out last the stock one by far.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wayne,

Are you offering springs also or seperate. Did you keep the same basket or change that as well.
We use the stock springs but we do have heavy duty one as well, they would be separate. We also use the stock basket. I like to use as many of the stock Honda parts as passable.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
We use the stock springs but we do have heavy duty one as well, they would be separate. We also use the stock basket. I like to use as many of the stock Honda parts as passable.
Have you had any problems with the basket's and have any of the 650r parts been used (clutch, springs baskets>)?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Have you had any problems with the basket's and have any of the 650r parts been used (clutch, springs baskets>)?
I just changed my basket as there is alot of play in both directions compared to a new basket.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
What basket did you use? another stock one?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Yes ,Replaced it with a stock one. Hinson didn't answer my emails. Barnett did and were not going to produce a basket fot the T-ReXX. They were also not to keen on me trying to fit a 450r clutch basket. They told me that the steel discs are thicker and would not fit. If I could find out why the T-ReXX steel discs are 2mm and 450r steel discs are 1.5mm. I would probably buy Barnett products to see if it can be done.
Until I can find answers to this , I will probably run Matlock Racing for 2010.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i just finshed bracking in my stock cluch but ill deff buy when my
stock gose.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My stocker is still going strong (guess I don't ride hard enough) but when it does go, I'll definitely grab this upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm sure it's more of the power increase justifying the HD clutch kit than ride time

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We have had a lot of wear on the basket with the stock clutch. The HD clutch has less movement, so it has less wear on the basket. As far as using a 650 basket, it will fit but it uses less plates so we have never run it. We do run HD springs in certain motor setups and I will have a price for those today sometime, I'm waiting on a call from the manufacture.

I'm sure it's more of the power increase justifying the HD clutch kit than ride time
It is a combo off higher HP and or the type of riding that you do. If you are on and off the clutch all the time riding in real technical stuff that can burn up the clutch fast.

·
Registered
364 Posts
so my clutch slips bad.. tell a novice, so I dont have to worry about replacing this again. Should I go basket, springs, etc? Or will plates help with the premature wear.
i want to keep the cost low if I can, so maybe this kit is the answer. Any instructions included for someone who not afriad to ruin a bike?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so my clutch slips bad.. tell a novice, so I dont have to worry about replacing this again. Should I go basket, springs, etc? Or will plates help with the premature wear.
i want to keep the cost low if I can, so maybe this kit is the answer. Any instructions included for someone who not afriad to ruin a bike?
The HD clutch will out last the stock one buy far. And there is no basket for the 700xx that I no of. If you can get the old one out you can get the new one in, it is very simple.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.