Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was lookin' through my photobucket the other day and came across some old shots of my past loves like my last GTI:

And now the GTI that started my affair with VW:

And my favorite project, my buddy's '99 VR6 Jetta that we did a 14psi Turbonetics t3/t4 turbo install with a turbo-back 2.75" custom exhast and many more goodies, had the engine bay down to just block, pistons and crank at the middle of the install. I learned my engine the hard way...

435HP at the wheels when we were all done and it was properly tuned. Then about 4 months later he was t-boned on base and totaled the whole thing. Eight grand in work out the door. :cry:

And one last shot of me by a car we found in Spain, proof that you can put a toaster on wheels...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Wish that I still had this baby, she was sweet and fast!!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish that I still had this baby, she was sweet and fast!!
It's a VW, of course it is... :D.

I ran a winter season of autocross with the Beachombers Vette club of Va Beach in the street mod group (simply for a cone filter, loss of air box did me in) and the G mod class and placed 8th of 30 or so for novice, beat a few vette's too, lol. $20 for a few runs every other weekend for a chance to learn your car in tight technical situations, it's money well spent. I knew more about that car and it's abilities than any other car I have owned because of that (and the turbo job lol). If you have a local autocross club, I highly reccomend taking a weekend or two to do it, you wont regret it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I appreciate all makes of car but have a soft spot for Audi/VW. Nice rides guys.

Attached is a pic of my last Audi and a pic of a 66' VW Bug my buddy just picked up.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a sexy air cooled. Lookin for a Type 1 bus for a project some day. They always look so clean when done right...

I love the old skool style. My dad has a 38 Plymouth 5 window with a lot of blood, sweat and tears (and loads of money) put into it. Redoing the entire interior and electrical this year for a better show season next year though.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! If someone read the title of the post then perhaps, he wouldn't have a heart attack!!! Please watch your language also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you still have it, I'll take it, kinda like a hand me down since it doesn't fit :lmao:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Completely agree, but perfect turbo VR6 swap candidate

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Corrado was my favorite design for 'bahn burners. Such sexy lines and pefectly matched with a VR6 made them light and quick. now if we can only get the Scirocco in the states:

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Cant beat the diesel for mileage, but yeah it is a gutless wonder for top end.

The 2.0T version is a beast though.

And on a side note, TG is the best show ever...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.