Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating on heading towards Silver Lake Dunes this August but would also like to ride some trails while in that area but haven't been in that area since the 70's so if any of you MI members know of some great riding places near or around Silver Lake Dunes, please let me know. Now, it can be basically any where in MI enroute towards Silver Lake.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow! Guess that we do not have any members from Michigan

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you do head out there and want some company let me know...only a few hours away in SE Wisconsin....don't know of riding areas over there though...however I know someone who will...i'll find out

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, did find a few other places to ride while in MI. USMC0861> Don't you guys have some nice riding places in your area and if so, how far are you from Silver Lake cause I might just go there after Silver Lake. Should be heading that way the first week of August.

·
Registered
437 Posts
All the good riding areas in WI start 3-4 hours north of the southern border with Il. However if your in for a road trip....I'm there

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't live in Michigan but I love to go to silver lake. I've heard from other people there that there are a few other state parks with trails near by. Most were north east of the dunes. Since I only go for weekends I spend that time at the dunes. I think the Michigan DNR has a pretty good site that might help you out. If you don't know they have a parking lot voucher system between memorial day and labor day. It can suck if you not prepared for it.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
i know that u said ur comin from pa and dont wanna make anoth 3-4 hour trip but i live just south of lansing mi and we drive down to haspin acres in laurel indiana (i would imagine its about 2-3 hours from silver lake) it is a 750 acre park that in my opinion is one of the best (prolly top 2) ridin areas ive ever been to little small but just awesome ridin with tons of good people if u need a hand

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you talking about Laurel, outside of Indiniapolis and if so then it's allot more than 3 hours away, it's over 6 hours. More likely I would hit some places on the way in and stay at SL for a day or two then start hitting some places thru MI on the way back. I've heard of Laurel from some local riders we met last year and they said that it was nice but the would take me way off my track. Perhaps we could meet at SL and have some fun there.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
yeah thats where im talkin about my bad it only takes us 6 hrs or so to get there from lansing but yeah keep in touch ill see if me a a group can meet ya out there. ever heard of yellowcreek in ohio its in wellsville might give that a try if they r still open

1 - 11 of 11 Posts