Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for asking april 2nd i'll be in S.C playen beach bum sping break with wife and kids. we do a trip to the bad lands south IN. every year in sep.

·
Registered
190 Posts
we go to badlands alot in the summer and sometimes in the winter..where at in MI are you from? We go to the manistee near baldwin and ride the snowmobile trails a few times a year also. where else do you guys go?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I just moved to the Ann Arbor area. I am always up for trips on wkends, just let me know. IDK where to really ride yet, and kinda wanna wait for snow to melt so I don't get too muddy LOL. YUSE, what do you need to ride at Silver Lake?

·
Registered
190 Posts
crwh ... you need a MI orv sticker... thats to ride on any state land in MI.. $16.25 for the year. To get into silver lake you pay $8 just like goin into any state park... 8 per vehicle.... have to have spark arrestor and a flag(which you can buy there if you want) must be 10ft. all the local gas stations have them by the dunes.. if you air down your tire pressure you dont NEED paddles.. I ran last year with my 700 with no paddles and had no issues. we are going april 2nd. ur welcome to join us. we also ride in the manistee national forest. its snowmobile trails that you can ride in the summer. its just north of baldwin,MI. Anytime you want to go to these places or others just let me know.. Me and my wife are always down to go riding!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Thanks Yuse, I would be down for the ride in the 2nd of april. Can I get the ORV stickers there as well? Or do I have to go on a website or something? Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
U can get the stickers right at the parking lot. The flags ar a bit pricey at around $35 or so each just so u have an idea. And make sure where u mount it is strong. We had flag mounts snap before from the bigger flags. They sell things to help u mount them too if yours snap

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
We ride silver lake and badlands often in the summer. I will let you know when if you wNt to meet up

·
Registered
190 Posts
CRWH... let me do some lookin in my garage.. I might have a flag u can use.. You can also get the orv at most atv dealerships.. I have to buy mine before we go to... weve got 5 or 6 of us includeing you. were just going for the day and driving home but I dont know if you were gonna do that or drive home? Out of the group Im the only one who has been there before..

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
YUSE, I have no problem picking up a flag. I will need one anyway so this week if I am home I will check in the Honda shop. Looks like I would probably drive up the night before and crash at a hotel because it is a 3.5 hr drive. May get some other people from the east side to go, I know there is a few on here. I can't wait to get the beast in the sand and just open her up on the power.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Crash, definately. All my riding crew (like DaGirl even though she can't ride) is about 800 miles away, so I am always down for closer people.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Make sure you eat at a restaurant in town I think it is called The Place or The Spot. It is right over by the hotels by the express way. The food there is amazing!! Everything is good we ate there every day lol. There is a hotel right by there too that has a pool and hot tub and the rates are decent. Always nice to soak and drink after a long day of riding

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ride Silver Lake every year in September. Fun to get away and hit the dunes and the sand drags. Been 2 years now and should be there again in the fall.

·
Registered
190 Posts
im about 3.5 or so away to.. The hotel crash is talkin about is in Hart,MI. right off the highway. we might go up the night before and do the same thing. Silver lake is only 45mins west of the state forest where I ride also. In the summer we go to silver lake one day and the woods the folllowing day! About 100miles in the national forest in 1 day!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yep that's it. Do you have any pics of the forest area? I've never been there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts