Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be the end for the 700XX and I. A local dealer has a pretty good deal on a 2011 Polaris Rzr LE... and I've got that same feeling I had on Christmas morning when I knew there was a Sega Dreamcast under the tree. Here is a stock pic of what it looks like:

I'll be getting a viper winch and plow setup for it, then selling the 700 and my Prairie 650 on good ole Craigslist in the near future. If I do get this (tomorrow morning) I'll be taking it on trips almost every weekend next summer and exploring: Jackman ME, Berlin NH, MORE HATFIELD, RAC in PA.

I don't think I'll ever get out of debt with all of these toys being produced :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
if u get the rzr get the k&n air box kit the stock on sucks ass and lets in dirt.. but there fun to drive..
u should get that new comander 1000 x

·
Registered
284 Posts
Screw the razr, get the can-am commander 1000x. I was able to try one out as a demo and freakin loved it. Its only a little wider than the 700xx and has no problem fitting down most trails.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Get the rzr s

·
Registered
157 Posts
+1 commander 1000x

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going with the standard Rzr because it's 50"s wide and I know there's a lot of trails up in maine, NY, and NH that check for that now and the Can-am and Rzr S are close to 5k more than the one I'm looking at. My nerfs are a little dented (from doing there job) and I don't have the old stock heal guards, I'll probably just sell the xx as a complete bike on craigs. Stuff here in MA still sells pretty quickly. If I get the Rzr tomorrow I'll post up some pics on here.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I am getting the Commander 1000 X when i get back from overseas...but refuse to get rid of the 700xx... I will ride both lol

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Screw the razr, get the can-am commander 1000x. I was able to try one out as a demo and freakin loved it. Its only a little wider than the 700xx and has no problem fitting down most trails.

How wide are those things? They look HUGE in person. And I know they weigh a ton compared to other sport sideXsides. They do look pretty sweet, though, even if they have the price tag to go along with it.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Commander is about 10 feet long (118.5" to be exact) and 58.5" wide. The features it comes with at the price tag seem to be better then the '11 Rzrs. That is only my opinion though.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
My vote is for the 1000 commander. My dad has the standard rzr and it's fun but nowhere near as badass as the commander

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Also, when we were in TN, they had the brimstone Side by Side challenge on TV, and the girl there said that Can Am came out, but refused to participate to show everyone what they could do, as in they were afraid the RZR's would kick there arses. Good luck Kevin. I vote RZR even though I hate Polaris.

·
Registered
201 Posts
the commander and rzr are going after different markets too.

the commander is a TRUE sport utility that has a bed that will carry WAY more than rzr.

as far as the rzr whoopin up on the canam....depends on what you are doing. obviously the rzr will handle better (lower, lighter) but we raced the '11 rzr s and the '11 commander in a drag race, bone stock just out of the crates and the canam absolutely dusted the rzr off and was 10+mph faster on the top end.

it is too wide for most trails, but so are all other utility side by sides. ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup, I have a pretty strong hatred for Polaris too, but nobody else makes a side by side this narrow and for this kind of money. Also, I did a ton of research (was originally about to get a teryx) and it looks like they fixed a lot of the tranny and little problems that plagued the 08 and 09's and since they've been using this engine in the sportsman's for years, that should be decently reliable as well. I took it home today, only took it for a 2 minute test drive at the dealer, but will be taking it out tomorrow all day at a buddy's house. I'll get pics and let you guys know what I think of it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have riden a rzr s in the past at coal creek. It was impressive. BUT.....this past weekend I was able to ride the commander X at coal creek, and let me tell you, it kicks the rzr s arse hands down. IMO there is no comparison. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
223 Posts
For half the price you get half the fun lol! Seriously, once you try one out a jeep or sammy doesnt compare. But its all in what you want to do and how you want to do it. My wife loves her Teryx and wouldnt get back on an atv for nothing. I'm starting to like it more and more, especially after getting the motor done (69 mph on GPS) with just the standard bore kit! The look on mens faces especially the ones with RazrS when they get passed by a woman is priceless! Anyway, its all about having fun, pick your method and live it up. Gumpus, maybe we can get together here pretty soon, might go to Brimstone in a couple of weeks before I have to renew my pass.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's a couple of pics from today taken on my cell phone. One of my friends who rode as a passenger took a really good video on his phone of us going through some tight trails at around 40pmh and drifting the turns, but I won't be able to get a copy of it till next week. This machine is an absolute beast! As far as all of the recommendations for the Canams and Teryx's... they would never work where I ride around here. This Rzr is the standard model and is only 50"s wide, and I still was scrubbing the plastics on some of the trails. To the best of my knowledge I don't believe there is any other high performance SxS that is under 57"s. I literally wouldn't have been able to get out of the back yard today with anything that wide.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts