Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm headed down to Moab in July and I'm wondering if I should replace my tires before I go. I have the stock dunflops on and I have heard that the rocks down there tear your shit up. I don't want to rip the knobbies off new tires if I can destroy the stock ones and then replace them. If anybody's been down there I would appreciate the input. I hear the rocks are rather sticky so I should keep my stock tires because of that, let me know what you guys think. my stockers are maybe 50% tread left if that (no divets left in the rear knobs)

·
Registered
461 Posts
any tires work there but i would put 6 plys on those kenda kutters look hot wont it be a little warm in july?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Moab is the exact same terrrian as where I live here in Kayenta, AZ. I still have my stock dunlops and they are holding up just fine. But if yer looking for an excuse to buy new tires I think you may have just found it.

Shonie

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I've ridden in the summer time there and it does get hot, I would just keep the stock tires and lower the air pressure so you can ride over the rocks and you should be ok. I haven't had any blown tires riding there and rode allot of trails, rocky terrain.

Was suppose to be there the last week of July but cancel since I need to save my vacation time for September just in case we are still going there.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I thought others recomend higher tire pressure, to keep from cutting tires?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
True but when you are riding on slickrock, low pressure is better. Unless you bring yourself a pump then you would be best to have it set low 2-3 psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts