Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to test the top speed of my new 700xx against a big 3 rappy 700...

The setting.. New Jersey... Trails and sand, off the trails next to an airport is an access road, About 2 miles straight, no potholes, awesome paving.. just a great place to run.

1/4 mile
1st run, stalled, I suck sorry guys

2nd run, I bogged down, he had about 3 lengths on me by the time I started going.. By the end, he had 1/2 quad length.

I am sure I would have gained on him with enough room.

I also had the chance to go through all gears over 1 mile... My friend with a poohlaris 700 with a spedo said 70 as I left him standing still... no idea how fast I was going, but it was a rush.

So stock if I could launch correctly, it would be a good run.... But, not to bad for stock!

·
Registered
984 Posts
It sounds like you still had fun. I would love to stretch mine out like that, I don't think I've even had mine in fifth gear yet there's just not enough room where I've been riding.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was completely wound out... it just kept going and going and going.. I wish I had a radar gun. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a chance to test the top speed of my new 700xx against a big 3 rappy 700...

The setting.. New Jersey... Trails and sand, off the trails next to an airport is an access road, About 2 miles straight, no potholes, awesome paving.. just a great place to run.

1/4 mile
1st run, stalled, I suck sorry guys

2nd run, I bogged down, he had about 3 lengths on me by the time I started going.. By the end, he had 1/2 quad length.

I am sure I would have gained on him with enough room.

I also had the chance to go through all gears over 1 mile... My friend with a poohlaris 700 with a spedo said 70 as I left him standing still... no idea how fast I was going, but it was a rush.

So stock if I could launch correctly, it would be a good run.... But, not to bad for stock!

Where in NJ are you guys? I am from NNJ so maybe we can run together.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was completely wound out... it just kept going and going and going.. I wish I had a radar gun. Maybe next time.

I've had the FMF 4.1, powerbomb header, and a PCIII on my shelve for weeks. I was waiting to put a few hours on the bike before installing everything to make sure everything was ok first. Finally had the chance to ride at the Lost Trails last week, so maybe I'll install everything this week.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had the FMF 4.1, powerbomb header, and a PCIII on my shelve for weeks. I was waiting to put a few hours on the bike before installing everything to make sure everything was ok first. Finally had the chance to ride at the Lost Trails last week, so maybe I'll install everything this week.

I dont know why more is needed... I cant even close my hands today, so sore from holding on.

The 1 thing I would do is replace the rear suspension. I was almost bucked off.. entire body was off, only thing keeping me on was my left hand.. SORE today.. felt like an olympic guy on the rings.. Crazy where it comes from in a bind.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I dont know why more is needed... I cant even close my hands today, so sore from holding on.

I cant leave well enough alone...I love to race anything so always looking for more speed.

Is that area in Woodbine an ATV park, or just somewhere you guys ride? I need to find a place where I can ride and open the bike up. Lost trails is way too tight and rocky to even wind out 4th.

·
Registered
108 Posts
mines good for 80mph wound out on the snowmobile trails this winter. since then i geared down a tooth in the front so its a little less, but it flies on 2 wheels.

had mine down to the motorcross track for the first time yesterday. that'll take some getting used to. the thing just eats tabletops, but when it gets to the whoops it gets a little scary at speed.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
mines good for 80mph wound out on the snowmobile trails this winter. since then i geared down a tooth in the front so its a little less, but it flies on 2 wheels.

had mine down to the motorcross track for the first time yesterday. that'll take some getting used to. the thing just eats tabletops, but when it gets to the whoops it gets a little scary at speed.
I've been trying to master woops, but get to woop number "X" and start having to let off because the seat is trying to shorten my spine.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Or you can do like I do, stand up while going thru the whoopies! Let your legs do the work and you won't get buck off. I think the rear suspension is great! This is my 4th sport bikes 2x400ex, 1 lt250r and this has the best suspension so far.

Pratice, Pratice, Patrice

NJ> Where did you go riding, just across the bridge.

·
Registered
445 Posts
at what? new shocks?
Are you anywhere near Lansing NY?.........I dont know, I'm in Australia they could be around the corner or 200 miles away..........

These guys http://www.hygearsuspension.com/ do mods to stock suspension. I would just get them to slow down the rebound a bit. They also have a Hi-Lo valve that by the looks of it would could screw in to the stock shocks for compression adjustment

.......looky here......http://www.hygearsuspension.com/hon450_hylo.html

I have had this done to stock LTR-450 shocks and they feel as good as the Elkas on my 450R.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Or you can do like I do, stand up while going thru the whoopies! Let your legs do the work and you won't get buck off.
I do it all.

Stand.
Lean back.
Full throttle.
Steady throttle.

The result is ultimately the same on the large woops, my quad tries to enter my ass.

I've done well with some mid to low size woops and kicked ass at those. But like I said before the ones that are 2-3 feet high and 4-5 feet apart I do well for the first few then it's 700xx hemorrhoid time.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts