Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I snapped the stem in half. Would a +2 or +1 be better? I do alot of rec. trail ridin, and ride some dunes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I ordered a Houser threw Motosport and it was welded wrong. Its been over a month and i have yet to get a replacement. At first Motosport thought it was my fault for not knowing how to install but further inspection showed it was welded wrong! Just watch out who you order threw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been gettin stuff thru rockeymountain and some from hondatoledoeast. Toledo seemed like the best price for the houser. But I'm still shoppin around.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have a houser stem and could not it get it to fit properly .
The tie rods were at the wrong angle and caused the ball joints to bind badly and the rods were too long. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Baxter did you return this product? Mine had the same issue and I think its BS! I spent the money on a premium part that doesn't fit correctly. Guys at motorsport were making it seem likei was a dummy because according to them I did not know how to install it! Will never buy from them again.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
in case you guys didn't know the houser stem puts the tie rods in a different location so as to reduce bump steer. You might have tp adjust your tie rods in order to make it fit. If you've already tried this and it didn't work then disregard this message.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
No , as i bought it from the US . I found it cheaper and easier to just take it on the chin and move on. This was my first and last Houser product.
I only bought it to use while Ed was building things for the 700xx. Guess i should have been patient with Ed but the stocker is painful without antivibe .:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
in case you guys didn't know the houser stem puts the tie rods in a different location so as to reduce bump steer. You might have tp adjust your tie rods in order to make it fit. If you've already tried this and it didn't work then disregard this message.
Yes , I know but usually I can make anything fit the 700xx. :D

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Tie rods mount differently. Both ball joints face up! I thought the same thing when I first got mine, but figured it out. Not a single problem with mine!

·
Registered
157 Posts
On mine the holes were actually too small for ball joints!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah I did. I talked to one of the managers and he compared the stem to the rest they have in stock for xx and confirmed It was bent or welded wrong. Should be getting a replacement by the end of the week : )

·
Registered
198 Posts
No , as i bought it from the US . I found it cheaper and easier to just take it on the chin and move on. This was my first and last Houser product.
I only bought it to use while Ed was building things for the 700xx. Guess i should have been patient with Ed but the stocker is painful without antivibe .:D
Sorry Baxter, Im finally happy with what I have on DBergstom's quad so I'm finishing up the jig this week and then welding a bunch of these together. I promise, no tie-rod problems and lots of bumpsteer reduction.:rock:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Sorry Baxter, Im finally happy with what I have on DBergstom's quad so I'm finishing up the jig this week and then welding a bunch of these together. I promise, no tie-rod problems and lots of bumpsteer reduction.:rock:
Using Laeger 450r stem with 700xx spindles , It works but has enough bump steer that it would give you nightmares ! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.