Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is some conversation about where the k and n filter comes from with this setup. It started in a thread called "maps" started by 08700xx. So check that thread for the question brought up, those that have the modquad deal might be interested in what 08700xx found out so far.

Anyway its just a quest for what type of filter is actually being sold and labeled k and n, because k and n has assured me on several occasions that they do no have a filter available for the xx as of 4-8-09. Not only that but they don't even have a listing, which to my understanding, per k and n, a listing is an approved "blue print" to build the filter and market it. So first comes the listing then comes the filter.

Needless to say, I just keep seein all these posts sayin k and n bein used and k and n says no way, so u guys may want to investigate what u actually have, cause it may not actually be a k and n.

But it may all be moot, who cares what it really is as long as it really performs right?

Just trying to cure my own curiosity.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you measure your stock filter and get all of the dimensions, you can find one on the K&N website that will fit and work just fine. Its just that they havent made one dedicated to the 700XX yet. I have done this to all of my modified bikes to get one to fit on the turbo housings.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good thing to know, but that still doesn't explain why 08700xx's part numbers don't show up on the kn website?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'd have to agree with Dave, Although K&N hasn't dedicated one to the XX there are allot of them out for other ATV's that fit our bikes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That's a good thing to know, but that still doesn't explain why 08700xx's part numbers don't show up on the kn website?

The K&N website doesnt get updated very often. Until they see a big request for the 700 filter, they wont list one

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
K&N emailed me today to tell me the Part number on the filter is RU-4740 and it is a universal air filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts