Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i've searched, but i can't find any info on the longer thumb throttle from modquad thats for sale on rockymountainatv. i think i remember hearing someone saying it hangs a lot lower that stock in addition to it being longer. anyone know this piece well enough to comment on it? i would love to have a throttle thats about 1/2" longer, but doesnt hang any lower.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate, have you ever used a KFX 700 thumb throttle, Try one and you will not use anything else.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Why is that? We can put it on the XX?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate, I am right in the middle of looking at that, I think the Raptor cable and the 700xx cable are the same thread, if so we are in. I have a KFX Throttle on the way from the US so I will keep you updated. The KFX throttle has the best ratio and thumb postion of any throttle out there. Go find a Kfx 700 and have a look where the thumb throttle sits and you will know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that would be outstanding if it works. maybe im just not coordinated enough, but when i am going over real rough terrain, its hard to feather the throttle because its so short. a longer lever would make it a lot easier to control the minute adjustments in engine speed that some terrain requires. plus my thumb gets tired after a few hours, lol. call me lazy, but i have a preference for being comfortable when im riding.

my only concern with that modquad throttle is i have read some reviews for other models that it hangs a lot lower than stock, so the uncomfort would still be there.

·
Registered
734 Posts
that would be outstanding if it works. maybe im just not coordinated enough, but when i am going over real rough terrain, its hard to feather the throttle because its so short. a longer lever would make it a lot easier to control the minute adjustments in engine speed that some terrain requires. plus my thumb gets tired after a few hours, lol. call me lazy, but i have a preference for being comfortable when im riding.

my only concern with that modquad throttle is i have read some reviews for other models that it hangs a lot lower than stock, so the uncomfort would still be there.
I ride up to 6hr enduros and I use a thumb throttle extender, helps a lot in making the lever longer and wider so you can even accelerate with your palm easier, best $20 bucks I have spent, aside from the ODI grips.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Overlord, Let us know how that throttle work. My buddy has a Honda 450 dirt bike and he wants to put a thumb throttle on it. I will give him my old one.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Guys, I will report, my Thumb Throttle should arrive soon. The only problem with the KFX throttle is its a little bulky, it will fit standard bars no sweat but some alloy bars could be a problem.

·
Registered
175 Posts
well, i've searched, but i can't find any info on the longer thumb throttle from modquad thats for sale on rockymountainatv. i think i remember hearing someone saying it hangs a lot lower that stock in addition to it being longer. anyone know this piece well enough to comment on it? i would love to have a throttle thats about 1/2" longer, but doesnt hang any lower.
I bought one of these and i dont see how anyone could ride with one of um...... i took it to a machine shop and had them try to shorten up the "hang down" but they took off too much now it hits your fingers. save your money dude! this kfx mod sounds interesting....do you have to replace the entire throttle assembly or just the thumb lever itself?? i also find the stock throttle uncomfortable (i thought it was just me).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i believe the kfx throttle is going replace the entire assembly. thats really too bad about the modquad throttle though. i hate it when something like that is so close to being awesome, and they completely screw it up.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Overlord- You mention the Raptor and the KFX 700. Isn't the KFX 700 the Kawasaki? Which one are you suggesting for use? Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Overlord- You mention the Raptor and the KFX 700. Isn't the KFX 700 the Kawasaki? Which one are you suggesting for use? Thanks.
The way it sounds to me, A KFX thumb throttle with a Raptor throttle cable just might hook into the linkage on the throttle body of our Honda.

Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts