Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had second quad for aprox. 27hrs and already order'd a part, lol. The quad came with brand new sealed in bag, quite core w/spark arrestor. I tried it and it was pretty tame before adding and now, well I order'd the plain screen. I will be adding more soon. Like Nerf's skid's, shocks, ect....:grin:

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've bought a lot of parts from ridersdiscount over the years. I usually call and talk to Mike and order direct. The hoods look nice, I've always worried if it would cause a over heating issue?

·
Registered
641 Posts
over heating ?? thought about it , decided it could not happen

·
Registered
641 Posts
whats next ? maybe a power commander V ?

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats next ? maybe a power commander V ?
I think this quad shoud have the PCv on it, but I will stick with the EHS box for now. I had enough issues trying to get my 1st quad dyno'd.

But parts on the way are, Alba anti-vibe billet stem clamp, for 1 1/8" bars. I will either order new bars for 2nd one or install this on the 1st one. Also just order'd the front and rear factory skid plates.

·
Registered
641 Posts
you can put a lot of miles on running to dyno's .

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can put a lot of miles on running to dyno's .
Yeah, well my last trip to dyno was bs. When I hooked laptop up to pcv to save backup of map. I found a downloaded map file from the power commander website. Map file for blown fmf pipe,. with Alba cam p/p and 11:1 piston ect.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey M_Quick. I have several maps that I got straight from Eric at EHS if you are interested. Granted they are for the big 3 combo with a few different cam options including the Stage 3 Hotcam, but it may be a good starting point and I will gladly share if would like.

Also, I have 3 sets of handlebars if you are interested. Two of them are ProTaper Contour 1 1/8 bar. One is the Raptor bend and the other is a Pastrana FMX bend. Both are very close to OEM. I also have a set of Renthal 7/8 bars, again very close to stock.

Both of the ProTaper bars are brand new and have never been ridden. I did however file down the knurled end on one of the bars to be able to get my ODI lock-on grip to fit for width test purposes. This was actually recommend by ProTaper as to not damage the grip.

I ended up getting a killer deal on a set of Flexx bars through my buddy's shop, so never actually got to ride with the ProTaper bars.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pm sent.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well you probably guessed it, I have some new bars on the way soon. Also had to order the throttle body cover as it was missing. While I noticed this, I located the missing exhaust spring! Also I'm finding several of the 5mm allen cap screws for the plastic body are striped. IDK if I will be able to find them w/out going through Honda, err.

I got the title work all done and registered the quad today! So I hope to hit the trails with it Sat. My one friend all ready pussed out. :nerd:

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mod update.

Changed the oil and filter Tuesday. Installed the spark arrestor screen Wednesday, along with the throttle body cover, that I ordered of eBay. Yesterday I installed the 2 piece factory skid plates, that I also ordered of eBay. And adjusted the front preload, to fix the rider sag. I also have a Alba anti-vibe clamp, waiting on the 1 1/8" pro taper Pastrana bars. In the mean time I will save some cash for nerfs and a-arm guards. I will probably stick with the Honda nerfs, but will try the PRM a-arm guards this time. The DG add Factory Honda front a-arm guards suck.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
21" Kutters Vs. 22" RzR II's Front tires.

Also this second quad looked considerably smaller than my original one. I noticed the fronts were 21's, and the pre-load had never been messed with "set all the way soft". When I measured from the top of foot pegs down to the ground it was almost a 2" difference!

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1st ride!

Ran close to 70 miles of trails on the new quad yesterday. Coming to a stop like 4 times, the quad would stall out. At 1st I was thinking it was rider error, but the 4th time it stalled I had the clutch all the way in. One time when getting ready to take off I downshifted and quad went to reverse, w/out pulling the lever! So I'm not sure if it's something out of adjustment or what. I do know the clutch has to be about 3/4 of the way out before you start to roll. Also the heat shield vibrated off, but I only lost the one screw and washer. Before that the quad was hardly producing any heat from the header, I couldn't believe how cool it was running. Also I must say the front Kenda Kutter's are awesome on muddy greasy trails. I couldn't believe how well they grabbed in the turns. They do vibrate like a mutha thou on the black top.

Reactions: jonLAY19

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ProTaper bars

I was able to get the new bars installed yesterday! Nothing wrong with the oem's, I just wanted some 1 1/8" bars. I tried the torc1 racing hole shot full waffle grips, if they don't work out I may try a set of the higher dollar Odi lock on's.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like that graphics kit, however I wouldnt buy them because I dont know if ill have the xx for very much longer:(
Sorry to hear you may be offing your 700xx. :crying: I don't like the color at all, but my kid's and all the neighborhood kid's love it. At 1st I was planing on removing them, but I guess I will leave them alone for now. This kit or the one with red, I think would look pretty sharp.

AMR Racing Honda TRX 700XX Graphic Kit ATV Deco Sticker 700 TRX700XX Part Reaper | eBay

·
Registered
84 Posts
I definitely like the amr black one better. But whatever makes you happy. And it's cool to see your mods and such. But yeah the xx seems to having problem after problem after my brother crashed it...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Heyyyyy!!! Sweet bars, dude! Bike is lookin' good. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heyyyyy!!! Sweet bars, dude! Bike is lookin' good. :)
Thanks, I'm surprised nobody's asking how the oem dash setup worked on the 1 1/8" bars. Idk how but it just did!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts