Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
mumbauer,

As far as the rack sticking out, are you talking about sides or rear? I can measure later, but it's Fing big.

About Wayne National Forest. 1st it's like 60 miles for me like 1hr 15 mins max. And it's probably a good thing you didn't bring your quad, this time. The trails are closed for atv's. There open from middle of April till the middle of December. Perry opens April 1st till 1st of December, and now allows the wider sxs's. Still 50" max at WNF.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Oh there are 2 different Wayne National Forest atv trail systems. One by Hanging Rock, Oh. And the one closest to me is by Nelsonville, Oh. Not sure which one you drove by?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well yeah I didn't even think they'd be closed! Good thing. I would have checked I'm sure...like I said I just didn't have much time to plan things. And I didn't really drive "by" it...I was on 70, but right before leaving I noticed the forest on the map and was like, "oh that would have been cool".

·
Registered
223 Posts
Oh yeah, and I guess I was asking about both width and depth (how far it sticks out). Just curious the size comparison.

I did just noticed the dimensions on the PRM site...if I'm reading it right it looks to be about 2" deeper and about 10" wider for storage area.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I did just noticed the dimensions on the PRM site...if I'm reading it right it looks to be about 2" deeper and about 10" wider for storage area.
Yeah inside its 21x10" Outside its like 24x12". As far as how far it sticks out on the quad, if you measure from the outside to the tip of rear fender, its 5" inside rear fender tip. If I measure from taillight to rear grab bar 15"!!!

Plenty of clearance on the Barkers pipe. The PRM 6pack rack I had for a short time, the exhaust outlet was right inline with the 6pack rack. I didn't like the way that one fit the quad, and that's why I sold it. I would of kept it, if I knew I was buying another quad! The DG 6pack rack on my other quad is made totally different from the PRM. It's a 1 piece design and sits above the rear tail light. The utility rack sits above the light too. It is a 6 piece design, and they sale the pieces separate, in case of a wreck.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/11-atv-parts-sale/19194-sold-prm-700xx-logo-6-pack-rack-nla.html

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for the measurements, I really like the idea of having something to hold tools/drinks/etc. But for now I might have to stick with my backpack. I'm also trying to think of a canvas bag that would hang from the grab bar and attach near the sub-frame. Not too much storage area, but it would at least lighten my backpack a little.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
For tools some have mounted a 4or5"? Pvc pipe with a cap on one end and screw cap on the other. And mount it inside the frame, behind the front bumper. The thing about a bag in the rear, it would catch so much mud it wouldn't be funny. To bad PRM stopped making the class 1 front bumper. A member here said he had one on order awhile back. I asked them to post back after install, and never herd anything. So I dragged my feet on ordering one, and now there NLA.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Okay I called and ordered the new fronts from OMF
So I was busy today and missed the courtesy call from OMF, letting me know my credit card was declined! My bank decided to flag my card for fraud alert. I guess they fiqure when you have a large deposit in your account from the irs. That the next thing to happen isn't going to be a few large purchases. Gesh damn banks! I called back to verify OMF had my card# correct, and they did. So instead of calling bank, I just had OMF run charges on my wifes card, tied to same account while I was on phone. It went through fine! When I called bank they said they flagged it because it was from California

Anyway they said my wheels are OTW!!! Some embarrassing bs from bank.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Received my new front tires and used rear wheels today. It's like 15 degrees here, I will wait before I mess with breaking down & re-mounting my rear tires. The used rear omf wheels are a work of art, and pretty clean for used. I can't wait to see the new one's! I will post pictures when I get them all mounted.

·
Registered
641 Posts
if I may add to the discussion ,this rack was on my LTZ

it fits as well on to the XX as it does the LTZ tho I did have to alter it a bit for the 05 sub frame , it was made for a 03 sub frame.

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
if I may add to the discussion ,this rack was on my LTZ it fits as well on to the XX as it does the LTZ tho I did have to alter it a bit for the 05 sub frame , it was made for a 03 sub frame.
Looks like that just wedges over the oem grab bar?

·
Registered
641 Posts
yep easy on easy off

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
OMF Reinforced Wheels

Just ordered a set of these for the quad. Well I'm getting the 11x7's used off eBay.

These wheels from eBay ended up being POS. They look pretty till you mount them up. 1 of the 2 wasn't to bad but they were both pretty beat up and rubbed the a-arm. I'm glad I test fitted them before I unmounted my tires. Hard to tell from the add, but now I know what the pictures where showing. :steamed:

Honda 700XX 700 XX ATV OMF Reinforced Ring Wheel 11x7 11 x 7 Rear DWT Douglas | eBay

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So they're not usable at all??
I'm not using them, I already shipped them back to seller, for full refund. I suppose you could of ground the inside ring out, where the wheel was bent and hitting the a-arm. But you would still have a wheel that wobbled. And that's not what I want, when I hit the blacktop at high speeds. They were advertised as "show wear from normal use". Not that they were beat to shit and far from round. And @ $100 each plus freight, I guess I just expected a straight wheel with some side rash, scuffs and scratches. Not something you lay on your garage floor and it wobbles on both sides, and then wont spin on the quad while its elevated!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm not using them, I already shipped them back to seller, for full refund. I suppose you could of ground the inside ring out, where the wheel was bent and hitting the a-arm. But you would still have a wheel that wobbled. And that's not what I want, when I hit the blacktop at high speeds. They were advertised as "show wear from normal use". Not that they were beat to shit and far from round. And @ $100 each plus freight, I guess I just expected a straight wheel with some side rash, scuffs and scratches. Not something you lay on your garage floor and it wobbles on both sides, and then wont spin on the quad while its elevated!
Sounds like the seller tried to pull a fast one on your huh? From the ebay pictures, they looked straight but I guess that's why he didn't post pictures from too many angles. Oh well, atleast you got refunded. Is the seller paying for return shipping also?

I've been looking to buy rims for my red XX and I think these are what I'll be going with also. I've been looking at beadlocks, but Hiper only sells 10" rims and it seems like there is still a rubbing issue with them which is strange, considering how long they have been out now. OMF's scalloped beadlocks are by far the nicest and come in 11" sizing, but they are crazy expensive. I forgot what Bones quoted me this summer, but I nearly spit my coffee at the computer monitor when I read it. Lol Not that they aren't worth it.

Post pictures when they are mounted!

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Oh yeah, and I guess I was asking about both width and depth (how far it sticks out). Just curious the size comparison.

From PRM's website "Inside dimensions are 21" x 10" and 3" deep" Well it's barely over 2" deep like 2 1/4" so it's no where near as deep as the 6 pack racks are. And they advertise the 6 pack rack as 2 1/2" deep. I think someone over there don't know how to read a tape measure!

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Sounds like the seller tried to pull a fast one on your huh? From the ebay pictures, they looked straight but I guess that's why he didn't post pictures from too many angles. Oh well, atleast you got refunded. Is the seller paying for return shipping also?

I've been looking to buy rims for my red XX and I think these are what I'll be going with also. I've been looking at beadlocks, but Hiper only sells 10" rims and it seems like there is still a rubbing issue with them which is strange, considering how long they have been out now. OMF's scalloped beadlocks are by far the nicest and come in 11" sizing, but they are crazy expensive. I forgot what Bones quoted me this summer, but I nearly spit my coffee at the computer monitor when I read it. Lol Not that they aren't worth it.

Post pictures when they are mounted!
Seller is paying the return shipping. I don't remember what I was quoted on the beadlocks either. I know when I talked to atv galaxy, all they could sell me was a mix matched set of wheels. Hiper tech 3 rears and Cf1 for fronts. Strange that Rocky has the tech 3 fronts, but not rears? I was worried also about the rubbing issues. In fact if I get the OMF reinforced rears, I'm thinking about just the single ring, on the outside. I don't think these have much clearance either with that inside ring, especially when the quad is elevated. For what these wheels cost, you'd think there would be no fitment issues. And I know at $200 plus per wheel it sounds pricey, and don't get me wrong it is. But that's nothing compared to the price of a shock on each corner.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Seller is paying the return shipping. I don't remember what I was quoted on the beadlocks either. I know when I talked to atv galaxy, all they could sell me was a mix matched set of wheels. Hiper tech 3 rears and Cf1 for fronts. Strange that Rocky has the tech 3 fronts, but not rears? I was worried also about the rubbing issues. In fact if I get the OMF reinforced rears, I'm thinking about just the single ring, on the outside. I don't think these have much clearance either with that inside ring, especially when the quad is elevated. For what these wheels cost, you'd think there would be no fitment issues. And I know at $200 plus per wheel it sounds pricey, and don't get me wrong it is. But that's nothing compared to the price of a shock on each corner.
I went back and looked at some old quotes I got. ATV Galaxy offered Tech 3 beadlock for the 10" front and rear with Maxxis Razr 2s for $1295 shipped which I think was a fair offer. Bones offered to send 11"rear/10" front single ring beadlocks with the billet centers (optional) powder coated black with a red ring for $1300 shipped and I'd then have to buy the tires separately.

These reinforced OMF rims are looking to me, like the best option

41 - 60 of 88 Posts