Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this query but I'm still giving it a shot. Which ATV mud tires and wheels should I install on my 2008 ride?
This is a thread I started long ago, about adding mods to my 2nd quad.

That said, if you have 11" rear wheels your options are somewhat limited to, kutters, or rzr's. Or going with over size bear claws or itp mud lites. Long ago I switched both my quads to 10" rears. And I can't say enough good things about the GBC XC Master tires.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ismael Thompson

·
Registered
2008 Honda 700XX
9 Posts
This is a thread I started long ago, about adding mods to my 2nd quad.

That said, if you have 11" rear wheels your options are somewhat limited to, kutters, or rzr's. Or going with over size bear claws or itp mud lites. Long ago I switched both my quads to 10" rears. And I can't say enough good things about the GBC XC Master tires.

Thank you for the candid reply I really appreciate it. I will go ahead and read reviews about these tire models for more information.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have new Kenda Kutters and like them but like Quick says with 10 inch wheels you'll have a lot more choices

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I have new Kenda Kutters and like them but like Quick says with 10 inch wheels you'll have a lot more choices
I liked the front kutters in the mud, but not on dry trails.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why didn't you like Kutters on dry trails? I've had them on my quad for years now. I do a lot of mud (usually against my will) in the muskoka, Ontario area, and have found the Kutters to be great. I like their grip and predictability at speed on wide open dirt roads as well. I guess they are a bit heavy and sometimes there can be a bit too much grip for my liking, but I have learned to adjust for their style and love them.

As far as mods go for the bike, I would like to open up the top end a for little more power, and I guess fuel programmer and exhaust are the easiest way to get that power as far as bolt-ons go. I'm a little concerned about durability of the engine once performance parts are added to the bike, since I have seen posts on this forum about motors blowing and bikes overheating. Then again, I don't see much risk in changing the fuel to a fairly conservative and richer map, if I add full exhaust [email protected]_Quick what are your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
@leif The kutters to me seamed to hard and didn't grip well on hard dry dirt, like the GBC's and Rzr II's. I pulled them after one dry ride and sold the set that came on this quad.

As far as exhaust I'm not a expert, but had the Barkers on this quad with ehs controller. It ran great with the big 3 and all the top end mods. My other quad has the HMF and pc5. If I was to purchase again, I'd go with the HMF black out, they are ceramic coated! And another pc5.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently traded my stock muffler system for a full barkers exhaust and I run a juice box pro that runs off of a pro commander map that brakers exhaust sent me with my mods (stock with no airlid) and wow really LOUD. And could probably benefit from fresh muffler packing. But the power is definitely noticeable. Before I got a tune it would shoot some wicked flames 🔥.But enough of my ranting on your thread @mquick did you get brothers grim recovered?

·
Super Moderator
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
@Killalltires

Yes, insurance company is supposed to be going to pick it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

81 - 88 of 88 Posts