1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got our rides last week and have ordered the following -

2ea - L8ton Racing 9/16 sways
2ea - Powerformpro complete skids
2ea - PRM Desert II bumpers and Side Bars (all black)

Hopefully we can install this weekend

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just ordered the side bars from prm today myself but stayed with the aluminum with no paint. I like the idea of a solid floor under my feet so hope the install will go smooth

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I have the PRM side boards in black and love them. The ones with netting are NOT side boards... they're nerfs.

A couple points on the side boards...
1. Easy install... fitment is good.
2. If you have stock exhaust, you may get a bit of motor echo off them at certain RPMs... Kinda sounds like another quad coming up behind you. Takes a bit of getting used to. Don't hear the echo anymore since getting Barker exhaust.
3. Loads of clearance for larger front tires.
4. You may need to move your shift lever up one spline to get your toe under to shift.

Clean... and NOT.

roadkill

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool. Thanks for the pics roadkill.

I read in some other threads where someone had drilled a few small holes and put some silicone in the Side Bars tubes and where another had used some sort of rubber tubing around the mounting bolts as a means to reduce the vibration echos.

We wanted the Desert II front bumper for some of the trails we ride just in case we snag a small tree or something. The size is ok but I also have a concern about having some sort of rubber bushing mount to allow some flex the exists in the frame. I'd read where the factory plastic bumper gave somewhat to allow for this flex and that a solid mounted metal bumper might not provibe this necessary flex.

·
Registered
755 Posts
We wanted the Desert II front bumper for some of the trails we ride just in case we snag a small tree or something. The size is ok but I also have a concern about having some sort of rubber bushing mount to allow some flex the exists in the frame. I'd read where the factory plastic bumper gave somewhat to allow for this flex and that a solid mounted metal bumper might not provibe this necessary flex.
The desert II bumper already comes with rubber bushings and gives a bit for that reason. I just installed mine last weekend and works great.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The pics I posted were just not good enough for my standards... They were from saved pics I already had. So I just took some new pics that show the side boards better.
Left and Right side...

Showing heel guard to rear fender connection... Many heel guards don't have a connection to the fender and leaves your fender flopping around. PRM did their homework.

Showing clearance between side boards and tire...

roadkill

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
RK - what size tires do you have on the front? I have 23's and the rub my current nerfs.

How do you feel about the vs. the proarmor nerfs?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
RK - what size tires do you have on the front? I have 23's and the rub my current nerfs.

How do you feel about the vs. the proarmor nerfs?
I have 21" front tires... wish I'd gotten 22" or 23"... I'll have to wait till the 21s wear out to go larger... But, they seem to wear and wear. As the pics shows, there is loads of room for 23s and not rub.

As for ProArmor nerfs... The only thing I know is from what I've read here about their poor fitment. I believe that the PRM nerfs are shaped different in front of your pegs and MAY not have the tire clearance that my sideboards have. If you go to the PRM web site you'll see what I mean... They look different in front. Both seem to have the same heel guard... as in solid and not netted. The nerfs also don't seem to have the heel guard to fender connection.

http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=115&mfr=2

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
my pro armour nerfs fit good when they first went on and do not rub on my 23in rzrs however i do have long travle in the front. also all my pro armor stuff has broke bumper and nerfs and i never crashed into anything just vibrations. houser nerfs will be next!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
my pro armour nerfs fit good when they first went on and do not rub on my 23in rzrs however i do have long travle in the front. also all my pro armor stuff has broke bumper and nerfs and i never crashed into anything just vibrations. houser nerfs will be next!!
What bit of the Pro Armor nerfs broke ?

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Not so sure I like the way those side bars leave the rear brake cylinder exposed. But I guess the only thing hitting it would be your boot, idk just looks differant with it exposed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.