Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what things can be removed or changed to shed some weight.

allready removed parking brake, installed aftermarket levers, run 20" rears and 21" fronts. What else can i do??

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Aftermarket chains can be lighter. different sprockets can be lighter. Shocks can be lighter and make for better handling. Run less gas from the get go (if you are staying pretty close to your truck and not venturing too far off). Could take some of the plastics off. Everything else, ask BAXTER. I think he probably has the lightest one on here.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Aluminum handlebars, aftermarket steering stem

·
Registered
308 Posts
A good diet and exercise program..........................sorry had to!
:birds:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone removed there lights or have a picture of lights removed prolly an ugly bia without headlight. but ill bet thats a few pounds and im blind as hell so dont ride at night could just put that tinted cover in the headlights place i guess

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
anyone removed there lights or have a picture of lights removed prolly an ugly bia without headlight. but ill bet thats a few pounds and im blind as hell so dont ride at night could just put that tinted cover in the headlights place i guess
I removed the head light and it was too ugly so I put it back on. I cut all the front and side plastics off mine. There is a lot of after market parts you can buy to drop weight but it gets expensive fast.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
A good diet and exercise program..........................sorry had to!
:birds:
You aint for off though! :hey:

By my reckoning I have the third lightests.
08700xx has the second lightest.
The lightest is by another member , who I am still waiting pics from. (J)

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Depends on how mechanically minded you are. Not meant to be an insult but I have questions by pm and I explain and they reply "wheres that located".

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Ok 20 is stupid and causes a "God" like complex.
I took some weight of by doing away with things I didn't use. I did away with the rear light and the brake switchers,did away with the junk on the bars.
You could try here.
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1056&page=3

Thers alot out there that I tried .
Updates will be here.
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5560

I posted this for 2 reasons , 1 I am getting old and my memory aint what it use to be.
2 . Makes it easy.

I did a few things to make the 700xx lighter and I will always try ! :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i meant guesses sorry i wasnt trying to be a jerk was meant in fun based on the recent 20 questions regarding the sparkplug

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
You aint for off though! :hey:

By my reckoning I have the third lightests.
08700xx has the second lightest.
The lightest is by another member , who I am still waiting pics from. (J)
Mine is probably one of the lighter xx's but that's because I don't do the kind of riding most of you guys do so that allowed me to ditch a lot of extra plastic and brackets and switch to light wheels and not worry about denting them. Just figure out what kind of riding you're going to do and what you need to do that kind of riding and ditch everything else. Baxter has done a lot of research on this so I would listen to any advice he has.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
:yay:

didnt know a little thought provoking situation would strike a nerve,,,,

next time ill make sure to call you right away and give u any useful info i run across on the 700xx....

Dont be so serious:thanks:
I am pretty sure he was joking around Dan....hence his other statement on being old LOL. I think everyone got a kick out of the 20 questions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts