Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

MORE POWER!! Please Help

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  xx-rated 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there is anything else i can do to get a little bit more power from my quad i have uni filter, 3d tip and the special sparkplug. I do not want to run a fuel controller.......could i maybe run the powerbomb header or anything else i can do to get a little more without a controller. looking for mostly bottom to mid power.

thanks

Qaz

#2 ·
13 tooth front sprocket wont give u more power, but it might make it feel like it.. thats about it without a fuel controller. I wouldn't recommend the powerbomb without a controller either. these quads already run lean.

#3 ·
I would highly recomend fuel controller, that alone will give alot. I put the ehs one on and set it .5 lower on fuel setting for factory+ehs lid settings(I only have the controller). Night and day difference, I can idle around in first with the 14t, never could do that stock. Can't wait to get the rest of the big3. But you can't really do much without controler, like adding parts to a carb atv without rejetting.

#6 ·
Good to know, and how big of a deal is it to hook one up?

#10 ·
The EHS one is probably going to be the most user friendly for you and the people that have one love it.

#12 ·
Yes the ehs controler would work great for you and if you later decide to add an exhaust

#13 ·
Ehs is real simple to use. I haven't used any others. Took me longer to take seat off and plastic cover than to install and program. These atvs are lean from factory to pass emissions(red head pipe at night). The programmer fixes this.

#14 ·
EHS controller seems to be perfect for you. You can change settings later to add a pipe if you decide to and it is easy to use and hook up. PCIII or PCV is nice too but for what it sounds like you plan on doing you wont need the extra adjustability

#15 ·
Adding of the "Big 3" makes a night and day difference in the XX. I hated the 3rd gear bogging that it had in stock form. That was literally eliminated once I added my HMF pipe, Dobeck controller and Velocity filter/EHS lid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.