Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm looking for more power to try and keep up with my riding buddies. I currently have a fuel controller, full exhaust and no lid. I'm debating on going for a hot cams stage 3. But wonder if I'm better off to save my money for a motor swap. Our engines are pretty lame in the hp range for the money in my opinion...Does the hc3 make a noticible gain in power?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still not enough power gain vs the smount of money spent Imo. My buddies are pushing welllll over 100hp on their bikes...moded heavily mind you. But for way less dollars

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
100hp? What are they riding and where? Drags? I don't care what you ride 100hp ain't gonna be cheap. Maybe a turbo?

·
Super Moderator
5,824 Posts
In the woods I seldom hit 4th let alone 5th. So I have plenty of power to run with anyone I ride with. Hot cam stage 3 you can get for like $129 or so. And hit add more torque than anything. Well worth the small investment imo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might spring for a hc3. Still undecided. My buddies are riding Polaris outlaw Irs moded with Hayabusa 1100 engines in them. We ride a lot of road and trail. I might consider a busa swap in the 700xx if my motor let's me down one day. They are almost tooo fast for me.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I was just wondering how do ya hook up the drive chain with the busa ? is it a straight line up with the front and rear sprockets ?

pic's please

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,824 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Running Polaris high low transfer case with custom sprocket to back with chain.

·
Super Moderator
5,824 Posts
Also you may consider a sprocket swap if you can handle it in the woods. Larger front & smaller rear, will give you more road speed, but kill your low end in the woods.

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately it's what I'm up against!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately you are trying to keep up with the Jones and or the perverbial Champagne taste and beer budget or comparing your apples to their oranges... The 700xx was build to dominate the Score Baja races and like most things in life there are compromises... The 700xx is not the fastest, lightest, heaviest, slowest, most nimble and/or several other things but it is a very reliable and capable machine that may not be the best at any one thing but does a lot of things very well... If you are drag racing, moto/track racing go get another bike... I can attest that with all the proper mods the 700xx is a superb machine... I could have any quad I want but I continue to race and love my 700xx... I have dirt bikes and a fully built TRX450 but I love my 700xx... It is by far the most comfortable bike I have ever owned and raced... My suggesting would be to figure out what kind of riding you want to do and buy/build a bike that will excel in that environment... My bike is completely built with power, speed and reliability in mind but its top speed is probably no more than 89-91 mph but she will do that all day long... Top fuel dragster are built for speed but they get rebuilt almost after every 1/4mile pass... Good luck in your pursuit...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woo.. That's some passion... I love my xx too...it is a beast for sure.. I think I'll ride it out for now and if/when I blow the engine I might cbr.. Or busa swap.. But till then your right... She's already a good girl..... Just not a rocket

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unfortunately you are trying to keep up with the Jones and or the perverbial Champagne taste and beer budget or comparing your apples to their oranges... The 700xx was build to dominate the Score Baja races and like most things in life there are compromises... The 700xx is not the fastest, lightest, heaviest, slowest, most nimble and/or several other things but it is a very reliable and capable machine that may not be the best at any one thing but does a lot of things very well... If you are drag racing, moto/track racing go get another bike... I can attest that with all the proper mods the 700xx is a superb machine... I could have any quad I want but I continue to race and love my 700xx... I have dirt bikes and a fully built TRX450 but I love my 700xx... It is by far the most comfortable bike I have ever owned and raced... My suggesting would be to figure out what kind of riding you want to do and buy/build a bike that will excel in that environment... My bike is completely built with power, speed and reliability in mind but its top speed is probably no more than 89-91 mph but she will do that all day long... Top fuel dragster are built for speed but they get rebuilt almost after every 1/4mile pass... Good luck in your pursuit...

What engine mods you got to keep it reliable? I kept mine stock cuz I ride it really hard and was afraid I'll blow the engine if I do any mods to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,824 Posts
My bike is completely built with power, speed and reliability in mind but its top speed is probably no more than 89-91 mph but she will do that all day long...
What engine mods you got to keep it reliable? I kept mine stock cuz I ride it really hard and was afraid I'll blow the engine if I do any mods to it
Yeah and I'd like to know what sprockets your running to top 90 mph?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stock engine is always good for reliability but you can still do additional mods and again it just depends on what you are looking for... I have increased throttle body, piston size and compression but not to the point that I always have to run straight race gas. Opened up air box and adjust programmer... Try to have dyno'd if available to see what works and what does not...
For our local desert races I usually run stock gearing due to the fact that you never know how much technical sections there may be...
For Best In The Desert races you can go down on the rear due to the long hard road sections... Obviously it takes longer to reach top speed but if you have 1,2,3 or more mile road section that you can hold it wide open and it will get there... You can also run 25" tires all the way around which are a narrow tire with smaller contact patch... If you do not like body roll then I would not suggest this set up for you...

Happy riding and keep the rubber side down...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts