1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't think it's pathetic. Silly, maybe. People have their own religious views and convictions. I doubt you'd have the same judgment of these people if they were Hindu or some other religion besides Christian. It's easy to attack Christians now, even popular, but completely unacceptable if it's some other religion. Reminds me of the saying "lambs led to their own slaughter".

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks to me more like a scam really, that is why I posted it up. I am Catholic and love what Sam Miller said:
Jewish Sam Miller on Catholics

Excerpts of an article written by Sam Miller, prominent Cleveland Jewish businessman-- who is NOT a Catholic.

Why would newspapers carry on a vendetta on one of the most important institutions that we have today in the United States , namely the Catholic Church?

Do you know--the Catholic Church educates 2.6 million students everyday at the cost to that Church of 10 billion dollars, and a savings on the other hand to the American taxpayer of 18 billion dollars. The graduates go on to graduate studies at the rate of 92%.

The Church has 230 colleges and universities in the U.S. with an enrollment of 700,000 students.

The Catholic Church has a non-profit hospital system of 637 hospitals, which account for hospital treatment of 1 out of every 5 people--not just Catholics--in the United States today

But the press is vindictive and trying to totally denigrate in every way the Catholic Church in this country. They have blamed the disease of pedophilia on the Catholic Church, which is as irresponsible as blaming adultery on the institution of marriage.

Let me give you some figures that Catholics should know and remember. For example, 12% of the 300 Protestant clergy surveyed admitted to sexual intercourse with a parishioner; 38% acknowledged other inappropriate sexual contact in a study by the United Methodist Church, 41.8% of clergy women reported unwanted sexual behavior; 17% of laywomen have been sexually harassed.

Meanwhile, 1.7% of the Catholic clergy has been found guilty of pedophilia. 10% of the Protestant ministers have been found guilty of pedophilia. This is not a Catholic Problem.

A study of American priests showed that most are happy in the priesthood and find it even better than they had expected, and that most, if given the choice, would choose to be priests again in face of all this obnoxious PR the church has been receiving.

The Catholic Church is bleeding from self-inflicted wounds. The agony that Catholics have felt and suffered is not necessarily the fault of the Church. You have been hurt by a small number of wayward priests that have probably been weeded out by now.

Walk with your shoulders high and you head higher. Be a proud member of the most important non-governmental agency in the United States. Then remember what Jeremiah said: 'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Be proud to speak up for your faith with pride and reverence and learn what your Church does for all other religions.

Be proud that you're a Catholic.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
My non-Crown Royal response:

The press have a financial agenda, and they have a political agenda.

1. They (the New York Times) need to sell their papers, their television spots and their Web sites, and Catholic sex abuse is something that sells. The people love hypocrisy and juicy stories.

2. It is fashionable to decry the necessity of celibacy, and all these stories are being used to prove that it is a mistake to continue the vow of celibacy as a prerequisite to the priesthood.

[now on to Crown Royal]

I don't smoke, but if I had something I would roll it.

Wave it in the air.

You know how we do.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I wouldn't have made that connection, maybe because I am protestant. I just wouldn't have looked at publicizing the wrongful acts of an individual as an attack on Christianity. To me it would be saying more about the selection process. Which I have no clue what that entails not being Catholic.

·
Registered
228 Posts
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. Larry The Cable Guy

Popular? What exactly are you referring to Robotaz?
This politically correct atmosphere in America has created a lot of resentment for the predominant religion, race, lifestyle, etc. and left the majority open for ridicule and attack. I'm not a disgruntled Christian. I'm just watching a sick psychological phenomenon unfolding in America and concerned. I would hate to taint the atmosphere here with my own socio-political dissertation on how F-ed up America is getting so I will pass on that. I am only saying that the site that was linked is just people trying to respond to open attacks on their religion. Anyone who practices what they preach would do the same. Is it just a scam? Maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Just look the way the media treats the Tea Party group and other conservative well know people.
The Media is bought out!!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I don't think it's pathetic. Silly, maybe. People have their own religious views and convictions. I doubt you'd have the same judgment of these people if they were Hindu or some other religion besides Christian. It's easy to attack Christians now, even popular, but completely unacceptable if it's some other religion. Reminds me of the saying "lambs led to their own slaughter".
I'm confused by your two post and cannot read into what your saying. Are you in support of the site or Mr. Baldwin or not?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
That site is one of the most pathetic attempts of greed I have ever witnessed.

Mr. Baldwin is stating that the god he worships has caused him a loss of wealth and is seeking for the public to raise him back to a desired state of living he once had. I cannot even start to type the outrage I feel in this shameful greedy attempt of wealth. This guy is a troll to religion and truly does not have faith in the god he claims to love and worship

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That site is one of the most pathetic attempts of greed I have ever witnessed.

Mr. Baldwin is stating that the god he worships has caused him a loss of wealth and is seeking for the public to raise him back to a desired state of living he once had. I cannot even start to type the outrage I feel in this shameful greedy attempt of wealth. This guy is a troll to religion and truly does not have faith in the god he claims to love and worship
Exactly why I thought it was pathetic, my fave part in the Q&A is:
Q- Why does Stephen need personal wealth?
A- Stephen’s influence is in Hollywood. Hollywood worships money and without it you are seen as a loser and cannot be an effective influence to this group.:yay:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't think the site has anything to do with Baldwin personally. I think it's just people trying to raise money to help him with his church programs that he's spent a lot of money on. I doubt he'd take their money unless it was to put into churches or recovery programs that he's working on.

And smoOth, I'm NOT in support of either, but I am defending them as free to do as they please. My point is that if these people where another religion, nobody would even care. It's the new thing for Gesellschaft America to attack people associated with anything that they are uncomfortable with, and uncomfortable for personal reasons (usually disturbing reasons if you ask me). It's a sign of weakness, internal psychological struggle, a need for outside acceptance of views you have that you are not comfortable with (for some reason, usually disturbing in my opinion), and other insecurities that normal America now has that makes them want to attack people, yet protect others. It's what they're intimately familiar with that they want to attack and what they don't understand (in their minds) that they want to protect. It boils down to the weak minded and an overwhelming sense of betrayal. I'm tired of weak pussies trying to control my country through pandering and manipulation. Basically, the liberals in Washington need to fry.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Your rambling on like a mad man. How can you say the site has nothing to do with him when it is HIS website? I don't even know what religion he is practicing and still feel the same about it. It's shameful and pitiful what there doing. Lastly, You should look over your post and take your own advice. Your bitching about people attacking others because of insecurities with you acting the role of one of them yourself.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's not Baldwin's website according to the question and answer part of the site. So to me, the anger and and negative comments are aimed at the wrong person. Basically this pastor felt the need to try to help Baldwin after he lost a lot of his income because of his stand for his faith and the mocking that followed his financial decline and came up with this idea.

"Q- Who paid for the www.RestoreStephenBaldwin.org site?
A- The site was built and funded by someone Stephen nor his staff have ever met."

"Q- Was Stephen involved in the movement planning, concept or site development?
A- No"

Q- If Stephen was not involved how did you get permission to do this?
A- Daniel Southern is Stephen’s spiritual advisor and the President of Stephen’s ministries. We contacted Daniel who gave us written permission to build the site .

I would say this site and it's mission is misguided at best. But, if a member of your faith has lost everything because of their stand for the faith, wouldn't you want to help in some way? Have you ever met anyone that has sincerely lost something because of their faith? I have and my first reaction was to help them as quickly as possible.

With that said, am I going to send a penny? No.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Your rambling on like a mad man. How can you say the site has nothing to do with him when it is HIS website? I don't even know what religion he is practicing and still feel the same about it. It's shameful and pitiful what there doing. Lastly, You should look over your post and take your own advice. Your bitching about people attacking others because of insecurities with you acting the role of one of them yourself.
How does bitching about insecure people attacking other people make me insecure? I stand by my comment, which may be rambling to you. That wouldn't surprise me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts