1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ok I did a search but no solid info on this question. I want a twist throttle but I dont want fullturn because my wrist doesnt twist that far:lmao:.
In one of the threads someone said this is 1/2 turn http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-2613/
But on ebay when I was tring to buy one even though the part numbers are the same it says fullturn in the description http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moti...204602QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
So which is it ???:confused:
When I last dealt with Motion Pro (twist throttle on a LTR450) I think the 1/2 turn was standard but you could get whatever you wanted if you asked; they had a bunch of different twist throttle options. Call them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
When I bought mine there was only one option, a CR Pro. It is a little more than a 1/4 twist.

Part # From my invoice
1 01-2613 CR Pro Throttle Kit 01-0053/01-1083/Grips

·
Registered
671 Posts
Per Motion Pro's website, the CR pro is the only kit available, and the CR Pro throttle is a 1/2 twist. I actually like the 1/4 twist models, but since this is all they make, I ended up getting it. After I installed it, the throttle body can only open so far, so even though the throttle itself can twist 1/2 turn, the stops on the throttle body only let it turn about 1/4. So once it is installed, it ends up being around a 1/4 twist from closed to fully open throttle.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Per Motion Pro's website, the CR pro is the only kit available, and the CR Pro throttle is a 1/2 twist. I actually like the 1/4 twist models, but since this is all they make, I ended up getting it. After I installed it, the throttle body can only open so far, so even though the throttle itself can twist 1/2 turn, the stops on the throttle body only let it turn about 1/4. So once it is installed, it ends up being around a 1/4 twist from closed to fully open throttle.

Doug
Being it's only a quarter turn would you find it to sensitive for hard riding/trails. I've got some hand fractures that won't heal and need to pull the thumb throttle.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Being it's only a quarter turn would you find it to sensitive for hard riding/trails. I've got some hand fractures that won't heal and need to pull the thumb throttle.
I don't find a 1/4 turn twist to sensitive at all. I may just be used to them, it is all I have ever used. Both of my 450R's and the 250R have 1/4 turns on them. I only tired a 1/2 twist once and hated it, so it was not on the quad long, so hard to compare the two. (To hard to go from closed to fully open throttle with out regripping with the 1/2 turn.) Have not really ridden my 700XX in any real technical stuff, but have on my 450's and the 250, never been a problem.

Doug

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a bad wrist from a nasty brawl I got into years ago. I don't have any trouble with the 1/4 twist being too sensitive I have always had motorcycles, so the twist seems really normal. Riding my Poo Poo with a thumb, screwed up my hand permanently. So now a thumb is not a choice. I hate getting old!:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Great, I ordered one from ATV Galaxy and got this about two hours later

I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but as it states in our listing in some instances the product may be out of stock or on backorder. This throttle kit is currently on backorder through Motion Pro. In most cases backordered items ship within 1-2 weeks, but it can also exceed this time frame in some rare instances. We can keep this item on order or offer you a full refund.
Our feedback is very important part of our business. If you choose to wait for the backorder release please understand that we have done our part in completing this transaction and we ask that you leave us positive feedback and we will do the same for you.
Because of the inconvenience we would like to offer you 10% off your next phone order with us.
Please feel free to contact us anytime 949-863-1418

·
Registered
574 Posts
Great, I ordered one from ATV Galaxy and got this about two hours later

I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but as it states in our listing in some instances the product may be out of stock or on backorder. This throttle kit is currently on backorder through Motion Pro. In most cases backordered items ship within 1-2 weeks, but it can also exceed this time frame in some rare instances. We can keep this item on order or offer you a full refund.
Our feedback is very important part of our business. If you choose to wait for the backorder release please understand that we have done our part in completing this transaction and we ask that you leave us positive feedback and we will do the same for you.
Because of the inconvenience we would like to offer you 10% off your next phone order with us.
Please feel free to contact us anytime 949-863-1418

I would contact Motion Pro and see if any of their vendors have one in stock.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I sent em an email to see if they would substitute the Motion Pro for the Streamline, It's about 10bucks more though.

·
Registered
667 Posts
i run the Moose Duel Gasser, Best of both worlds. Terry Cable makes it and Moose rebrands it! Great piece of equipment

1 - 15 of 15 Posts