Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. 2008 TRX700XX K&N other than that stock. Swamped it a few weeks ago to the handlebars. 9 Oil changes later and some cleaning and ran fine. After a few hours of riding a I noticed a knocking sound coming from the head where exhaust exits, can't pinpoint the exact location though. Don't know if the water is related or not. Valves were adjusted before the swamping it. I don't notice any power loss, doesn't cut out or die at all. The more I ride the worse the knock gets. Just changed oil for the 10th time since and it was very dark black and had about an hour of riding on it. Any ideas at all would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
People are telling me that they're not related, but I got mine in some deep water when my timing chain started making some noise. It wasn't like what you're saying, but it was enough to make it cut the engine off. Maybe thats a lot...

none the less, i changed my cam chain and the noise is gone. Sometimes it sounded like a knocking noise. In fact, here's a video.

[youtube]eornhA7jJZs[/youtube]

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
lextrx,
Are you sure the spark plug is not firing through the side (shorting out to something near-by)? Each time that noise is heard the exhaust note changes as though the spark plug isn't firing evenly. Just a thought.
Sid

·
Registered
370 Posts
valves?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'd check your cam chain. Even though mine wasn't consistent like yours - that's EXACTLY what it sounded like and RIGHT AFTER I swamped mine. That does not solid like a crank bearing to me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
After swamping it and doing all the Oil changes have you been cleaning the oil screen? Caus that doesn't sound healthy, if the screen is blocked it cOuld of caused oil starvation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts