Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the 700xx motors holding up hours-wise? I've seen a couple topics about motor rebuilds. Is this because of wear, or because of breakage, or just wanting more power?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
350hr on mine be4 it went due to my mistake.... ppl have 1000+ hr on the stock motor on here

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i have 150 hrs and no probs yet i havent even checked valve clearance yet

·
Registered
392 Posts
350hr on mine be4 it went due to my mistake.... ppl have 1000+ hr on the stock motor on here
What happend to yours an when did this happen?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
700xxmanic your confusing

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Whew! Good to know that they're holding the Honda tradition of solid motors.

I've been reading up on the Outlaw and KTM forums (I've been looking at the 700xx and 525 irs for quite some time) and it seems that KTM recommends rebuilding their motor every 100 hrs. I guess that's the price that must be paid when 510cc's are trying to pump out horsepower similar to 700's. Rebuilding a motor every 5-7 oil changes would get old quick, unless you're a racer.

·
Registered
528 Posts
just dont sink it and keep oil in it and you may be fine, if you get sand in it you can kiss its ass goodbye.the valve seals will leak, it will burn oil, starve the cam, burn up the wristpin and destroy the rocker arms...just my expierience,and the cam chains stretch super fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts