Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been a while since I've posted and I figured I would post an adventure I had about 8 months ago. I was following a dump truck with a lowboy trailer and a Bulldozer, going through some neighborhoods on my way back up to work. Following him doing 20-25 mph on my bike at an intersection I saw the cab of the dozer hit the power lines above and heard a loud crack (powerpole cracking) and saw the pole moving out of the corner of my eye. As this was very unexpected I slammed on the brakes and didn't put my foot down in time (@20mph I stopped QUICK!). I laid the bike down and rolled over my shoulder forward and landed on my feet. I took off running and looked back to watch the powerline flash and fall to the ground right where I had landed 15 seconds or so earlier. The bike is fine except for some scratches. I ended up getting $2300 from the insurance for the scratches. Anyways I'm fine now and thought you all would enjoy the close call story.

Pic's https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150262269456283.330089.616541282&type=3&l=db27706451

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Xstriker,
Welcome back.
Wow!! You are one lucky son-of-a-gun. Glad you ar OK. Thanks for the update. :eek:hno:
Sid

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been hovering the site reading the posts, haven't had much time to post anything, but thanks for the welcome back =-)

"You are one lucky son-of-a-gun" - yea it's crazy how close we come to being fried (literally in my case) sometimes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts