Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in buying a bigger bike for my 14 year old son for christmas. He would really like a crf150 but might go for something else depending on what it is. Also does anyone know if the yamaha TTR125 would be too small a bike for him(5'2" and 100lbs)? He is not a beginner. He has been riding for about 6 years but has outgrown his XR70. He won't be doing any racing just trail riding. Thanks

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
get him a cr125 and lower it or a kx100 and bore it to 125... my ferind thats 12 rides a kx100 and just got a blown up cr125 (the guy didnt run mix gas in it)... or get him a crf250..... but i think 2 stroke bikes are way more fun to ride..... i just turned 16 im 5'10 and ive riden most common dirt bikes....the biggest ive riden is the xr650r... biggest two stroke is the cr500.... now i wana ride the atk700 XD

and a ttr125 would be to small.. i think he would want more power the seconed after his fist ride on the crf150.... i mostly ride my buds cr250 and that will smoke the xx... has bout same topend probaly faster..... a 125 will keep right up till the topend

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really looking to stick with a 4 stroke for maintenance and noise issues. The neighbors tend to frown on too much noise. Thanks though.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Hey, I saw you posted a thread. So here is an update, but I didn't find anything for your boy when I was at the race banquet. There was a honda 450X that I know of, and a cr500R, both of which you don't want. Didn't want you to think I forgot.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I am pondering the 500 right now actually. The guy has a complete second engine for it, his excuse (i'd rather change out the engine cuz it is so easy then mess with sprockets depending on what kind of moto I am doing). Yep, haha, I couldn't believe it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts