Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a great deal on a new motoworks full exhaust system today....I couldn't pass it up. I'm not familiar with these and I have read a few of the threads on here about the system and it all sounds good, however....I was told it comes with a tuner, but from what I'm reading on here it doesn't look like it does? If someone could clarify this for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i doubt the tuner comes with it unless its a package deal, i would get an EHS tuner they have the best big3 map :atv:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And from what I understand about exhaust systems, correct me if I'm wrong, it isn't smart to throw the header and slip-on onto the quad without a tuner installed? Becasue it can mess up some things?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
821 Posts
Most say you an get by with a slip on, but the full exhaust is real lean. They come from the factory on the lean side.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
You will need a programmer if it is a full exhaust.

·
Registered
151 Posts
if you bought it for 399 then no it doesnt but the programmer from motorworks is only like 189 and easy to use just bought the stuff myself last week havent ran it yet waiting on shocks and arms

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the deal I got....Motoworks Full Exhaust System was 550 regular price but this was the only one left, within the company I got it from, in the US so it instantly went on sale for 330. A good friend and I saw it while at his shop at the last min and couldn't pass it up. They are notified when deals like this appear and I just happened to be there at the right time.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Do you plan on going into the motor later on or is all your going to do is the big three?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably only the big 3

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Its up to you but I prefer the dyno jet power commander

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
those dyno jets are pretty pricey

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Worth every penny though. . .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Not really but you can feel the difference

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great! can't wait for it to come in but looks as though i might only be putting the slip-on peice on for now if it arrives without the programmer I don't want to damage the engine

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
$399 for the whole exhaust? That is a good deal. Too bad I just ordered the Lexx slipon. I suppose I could order one for my other 700xx.

Funny, I got the programmer installation instructions with my Lexx. I didn't even order the programmer...wierd....

Shonie

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the exhaust today and installed it! Fits real snug. It is very loud with the spark arrester still in and it added power through every gear. I was encouraged to put the full exhaust on even though I don't have a programmer. My buds at the shop told me to check the spark plug to make sure it isn't too "white" they said it should be a "tan" color if it isnt running too lean.

Is there any other way to tell if it is running too lean? Help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Spark plug is the easiest place to check. Just make sure you use a fresh spark plug to check with. Im sure you're gona be lean though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
okay and how long does it take for damage to occur if it's too lean?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts